Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Formula one observers this week got a clearer glimpse of the appearance of next year's cars.

Earlier this year, eyebrows were raised when Williams became the first team to test a rear wing designed to the specifications of the radically different 2009 aerodynamic regulations.

The thin and high wing returned to the track this week, when the 23-year-old British driver Jonathan Kennard made his F1 test debut with the Grove based team at the Kemble airfield.

The car featured not only the radical rear wing, but a 2009-specification front wing, which according to the regulations is bigger and wider.

"It has been a good day today and great to be able to drive the new spec Formula One car for the first time," said Kennard. "I would like to extend my thanks to Sir Frank and the team for the opportunity. I enjoyed working through the test programme and assisting the team with their preparations for the 2009 season."

The modified FW30 will be tested properly and publicly at Barcelona next week.

Elsewhere, at Ferrari's private test circuit Fiorano, Luca Badoer got down to work in the Italian team's interim car F2008K.

The machine does not yet feature the 2009 wings, but it is equipped to carry extra ballast to simulate a KERS system, and at Fiorano it is reported by La Gazzetta dello Sport that some of the components for the energy-recovery technology are already aboard the F2008K.

Ferrari's KERS system will be located near the floor in the middle of the chassis.

Badoer's car has also been stripped of all the extra bodywork appendages, like flip-ups and winglets, which are not allowed next year.

[Source: F1-Live]

f109_carp.jpg

f109_carp2.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info