Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
First Place: Chevrolet Corvette ZR1

Class-shattering power, race-car handling grip, monster brakes, and sweet control inputs leave even the bluebloods in this Chevy's wake.

Second Place: Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano

Costs huge, but delivers huge, too. Still one of the planet's finest sports cars. And when it comes to sex appeal, forget it: The Ferrari is the only one you'd choose for a date with Gisele Bundchen.

Third Place: Porsche GT2

The Rolex of sports cars: brilliantly engineered and bulletproof. Unreal speed, hellacious grip, and superb controls -- everyday drives become laps at Le Mans.

Fourth Place: Nissan GT-R

That a machine this incredible finishes fourth shows you how spectacular the other three really are. At the price, nothing comes close. And if you think Nissan is resting on its 480-horsepower laurels, stay tuned for Act II: GT-R V-Spec.

chart.jpg

So? Who wins the War of the Worlds? For sure, each car in this field qualifies as a superstar. The Nissan GT-R delivers 21st Century electro-wonder and shattering performance at a base price ($77,840) that borders on the unbelievable. The Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano offers succulent styling, shameless hedonism, peerless refinement, and speed and handling matched only by a handful of cars on the planet. The Porsche GT2, which Theys dubbed "the raciest in the bunch," churns out effortless speed (the variable-vane twin-turbo engine feels naturally aspirated, so smooth is its power delivery) and seems utterly bulletproof. You know you could hammer on it all day long and it would never complain. The ZR1 has a few glaring flaws -- including a fade-into-the-traffic-flow exterior and a cockpit lacking almost any signs of flying first-class -- yet by nearly every objective measure (and most subjective ones, too) this new Chevy expands the performance envelope for premium supercars. And at a fraction of the price of the European thoroughbreds. In the supercar realm, the 2009 Chevrolet Corvette ZR1 rules.

America still sucks at the castle thing, though.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
IDK, I think that each car brings something a little bit different to the table. I would probably take the 599 as my daily summer driver. It's a nice GT car that is really quick, but it possibly a little more adept at driving on normal roads. I'd probably use the GT-R as my winter "beater". I could probably think of a lot more cars that would be a much better winter car, but as this is the only AWD car in the bunch, it it probably the best in those terms. I would have the GT2 as my track car. I know that the ZR1 is a little quicker around the track, but when I think of road coursing and autocrossing I think more Porsche than I do the ZR1. Then the ZR1 I would use as my all-round car because I can imagine it being something I could live with from day to day. Out of all the cars in the test it is the one that I think wouldn't beat you up everyday. It would be my 6th man, very important, I would need to come off the bench now and again and show everybody what's up.

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info