Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
According to MotorTrend, General Motors is considering fitting its 4.5-liter Duramax V8 Turbodiesel inside the Cadillac CTS sedan as a stepping-stone between the standard V6-equipped CTS and the barn-burning CTS-V.

The report contends that the Duramax V8 would be an easy fit inside the confines of the CTS' engine bay with the addition of the CTS-V's bulging hood. The dual-overhead cam, four-valve diesel V8 puts out 310 hp and a tire decimating 520 lb.-ft. of torque and GM already has a transmission that can handle the grunt. The oilburner currently meets the tougher 2010 emissions standards which would allow it to be sold in all 50 states, and with a reported 20-25% increased fuel economy over the V8 model, the diesel CTS could provide some competition to similar offerings from Audi, BMW and Mercedes-Benz. According to MT, the amount of modifications would be minimal and the addition of the CTS diesel would help to boost GM's CAFE certification to meet the stricter 35 mpg requirements in 2020.

400px-Logo-autoblog-com.gif

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
paying double on sproused up Cavalier = Baller...

Bring back the Cimarron based on the Cobalt!

Here's what it could look like!

2010-Cadillac-Cimarron.jpg

It still wouldn't work, even today. How much extra do you think they would charge for Cadillac specific sheet metal and interior? I still wouldn't pay around 30K for a cobalt. I'm paying MSRP or lower for an T/C SS, though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info