3800 w body crew

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
When I bought my GTP, the Montes were still a few years from being supercharged, plus I still think the Prixs look better, except for the interior, which I like better on the Monte.

I bought my car because it was cheap to mod and had cool options like HUD and a heated seat for a low price. I paid 15,995 back in 2002 for mine.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
i had a lumina... i wanted a s/c 3800.

I was looking for a regal gs or a gtp, i didnt care if it was 4 or 2 door, and came across mine for a relative steal back when i bought it (6900$ for an 01 special edition in 2005...)

I wanted a w body because a few cheap bolts = 13s

They are snowmobiles in the snow (my gtp is barely worse than my jeep was on pavement in the snow...with nokian snow tires of course)

heavy ass cars--- when and if i smack my car into another object, wbodys hold together well

parts are cheap and very available

gas mileage- stock my car got over 30 mpgs highway... now it gets around 22 all around, mainly because i think my pacesetters are leaking before the o2 sensor.

so basically i got it because i can drive it in quite a bit of snow (bye bye f-bodys) fairly cheap (bye bye most awd cars) great gas mileage... and a few bolt ons (pulley intake... dp... tune... thermostat...) had me keeping up with, if not beating mustang gt's. and if you have a 10mm 13mm 15mm socket, you can basically take apart the entire car... aka its simple and easy to work on.

yeah. thats why i got a wbody.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
same with what some others have said but i saw them in 97 and told myself i will own one and now i do. I'm actually getting another one soon for a winter car (4 door) and probably another one this up coming summer for another race car :mamoru:. I've had good luck with the abuse i've put mine through and buying it was the best decision i've ever made. :bigthumb: To all my 3800 brothers...... :wavey:

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Honestly I don't know why i picked a gp over the others. I had a bonnerville for about 8 months n/a monster, i would get another one, and i think regal's are way better looking than gp's but the interior..... so it's a 50/50 for me. However had the perfect deal come my way, kinda like fish's deal i would scoop up a regal in a heartbeat. Same with a bonnerville, they are all awesome car's imo.

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
The regal was my mom's, she was the original owner...knew the car's entire history, she drove it like a grandma, I knew it was serviced and never abused, and above all...cheap.

Why I like the regal over the other w-bodys and h-bodys

better interior than a GP
much comfier seats
regals look slick as shit with a few appearance mods
lighter than a 4dr GP
better weight distribution than a bonerville or other h-body, and also lighter than h-bodies
bonervilles have really cheap looking interiors too, for a supposed luxury offering from pontiac
montes look too bulky and awkward. They can be made to look alright with some appearance mods, but they're IMO the 2nd worst looking w-bods, behind the impalas which I'd consider the worst looking.

Last but most importantly, nobody expects the regal...:s00ls:

Theautoguy

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2007
Machesney Park, IL
I bought my Regal because I wanted a newer (1 1/2 year old when I bought it 7 years ago.) luxury car with some power, decent mileage and could fit 4 adults my size (6'4" @ 250lbs) in it comfortably. I originally wanted an Impala SS but the wife didn't like the looks of those.

Plus, the year earlier I wound up racing one while I was in my first Lightning and lost; there was a family of 4 in it while I had just my wife and me...I was impressed from then on.

7 years later I still haven't found a better balance of power and luxury from any other car out. However, if GM ever puts a Buick body and luxury on the G8 GT chassis and drivetrain I may make a move.

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I used to have a NA 94 bonneville as my first car. It was a tank and i really didn't care about performance so i just loaded it up with a system and called it a day. When i was looking for another car I wanted something with a 3800 because i already knew my way around the engine. I honestly got the SSEi just because it's something different and the deal was right. I never really liked the GP interiors, but if i had found a regal GS for a similar deal i could have just as easily gone with that... And i wish i had... because they have more aftermarket suspension options.

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
well... some people kinda missed the point... why did you get a GP over a monte carlo? why a Regal ovre a bonneville, why did you get THAT PARTICULAR W Body over a diff W Body...

but actually, keep going on both why u got and which one, cause its kinda interesting. Now i really miss my Monte Carlo...

i dont like how montes look, and went gp over regal, purely because of price.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info