3800 Ported and polished Gen V

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Got a couple questions for you guys...

First, who sells p&p Gen V blowers?
Second, would it even be useful to get a p&p Gen V, is their a big enough advantage (hp gain) to pay the extra $ for the p&p?

Right now i'm rocking the stock gen 3 so a gen V will be a nice upgrade period. I have a 4in intake so i can finally take advantage of that with a bigger inlet into the blower and tb because I'd also be getting a n* tb. So yea, just wondering what you guys think. TIA.

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
From what I've been told, the GenV is pretty good from the factory. The only work I had done to my Gen V was having the back wall on the outlet removed (for my IC) and the inlet opened up to 78mm for the 77mm N* TB I had installed.

Hit up Dave Norris (TrannyMan95) at Triple Edge Performance. He can hook you up with what works and doesn't work.

Here's some of his work:
http://www.ilgpc.com/forum2/index.php?showtopic=17143

You could also check out Bob and Voytec at SSD.

EDIT: What are your mods? If you're cammed, you'll see some good gains (at least 20-25whp)

Last edited:

The Broken Regal

BITE BITE, SIP SIP
TCG Premium
Jun 26, 2007
Wheaton
i asked the same question on clubgp awhile back and from some of teh faster cars that are below 12.5 they all said if you have a fully ported and polished gen3, its really no gain goin to the genV... if you are IC you have to buy the whole setup and you are looking at spending quite a bit of coin for what some said was like 10whp or so

that was with a STOCK cam i had mentioned.. im sure witha cam it will be more.. but yea, depends on how much you can sell you gen3 and pick up a complete genV setup (barring IC like I said)

for me I wouldn't unless i'm goin for some world record on a stock cam lol

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Hit up Dave Norris (TrannyMan95) at Triple Edge Performance. He can hook you up with what works and doesn't work.

Here's some of his work:
http://www.ilgpc.com/forum2/index.php?showtopic=17143

You could also check out Bob and Voytec at SSD.

EDIT: What are your mods? If you're cammed, you'll see some good gains (at least 20-25whp)

Dave is the man, i wouldn't ever hesitate buying anything from him. He built my trans (which has taken quite the beating) and it's taking it like a champ. I think after your two opinions i'm just going to go with a regular gen v. I won't be going i/c for a long time i kinda want to get some crazy times without one for now.

I have 1.9 rockers right now, so no cam yet... winter time i'll get one depending on how deep into the 11's I get this year with the rockers. Bob's got a non-ported one which is the one I'm going to buy but i wanted to see how much a p&p job would do hp wise first.

for me I wouldn't unless i'm goin for some world record on a stock cam lol

*cough* *cough* :mamoru:

M@

Somebody buy this thing
Nov 26, 2007
Dave is the man, i wouldn't ever hesitate buying anything from him. He built my trans (which has taken quite the beating) and it's taking it like a champ. I think after your two opinions i'm just going to go with a regular gen v. I won't be going i/c for a long time i kinda want to get some crazy times without one for now.

I have 1.9 rockers right now, so no cam yet... winter time i'll get one depending on how deep into the 11's I get this year with the rockers. Bob's got a non-ported one which is the one I'm going to buy but i wanted to see how much a p&p job would do hp wise first.

*cough* *cough* :mamoru:

You spraying that thing?

You're non-intercooled on a stock Gen3 supposedly running 11s or close to it...you're either bullshitting us, or running a pretty substantial shot

Care to share some about your setup? That would give everyone a better idea of to what extent a Gen5 would benefit your setup.
I'm still not fully on board with all the Gen5 nutswingers...there's alot of very modded, very slooow gen5 cars out there, and alot more gen3 cars running pretty awesome times.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
You spraying that thing?

You're non-intercooled on a stock Gen3 supposedly running 11s or close to it...you're either bullshitting us, or running a pretty substantial shot

Care to share some about your setup? That would give everyone a better idea of to what extent a Gen5 would benefit your setup.
I'm still not fully on board with all the Gen5 nutswingers...there's alot of very modded, very slooow gen5 cars out there, and alot more gen3 cars running pretty awesome times.

If my car came with a L67, Id probably just do a ported gen 3. :dunno:

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Intake (fwi), headers, rockers (1.9's) E85, 100 shot (dry), plugs, 160 tstat, electric wp, and trannyman trans (3.29's, hardened input shaft, 7/8" chain, hardened 4th, shift kit, ect.)

It's not a huge list, but it's there none the less. I'm going to 66 this Friday with my new fuel pump so i can finally make a full pass on the spray. I have w-f off so i can prep my car with everything i need to do. I'm also going to be making 1-2 passes off the bottle with my new and improved tune and see what i get. I won't always be running rockers that's why i didn't say anything, i eventually want to get a cam, but i'm not sure if i want to keep the stock heads or not. I'll have all winter to decide that i guess.

Fish, I know club gp sucks and all.... but they were saying a stock gen v will out flow a p&p all day long, is this true?

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Intake (fwi), headers, rockers (1.9's) E85, 100 shot (dry), plugs, 160 tstat, electric wp, and trannyman trans (3.29's, hardened input shaft, 7/8" chain, hardened 4th, shift kit, ect.)

It's not a huge list, but it's there none the less. I'm going to 66 this Friday with my new fuel pump so i can finally make a full pass on the spray. I have w-f off so i can prep my car with everything i need to do. I'm also going to be making 1-2 passes off the bottle with my new and improved tune and see what i get. I won't always be running rockers that's why i didn't say anything, i eventually want to get a cam, but i'm not sure if i want to keep the stock heads or not. I'll have all winter to decide that i guess.

Fish, I know club gp sucks and all.... but they were saying a stock gen v will out flow a p&p all day long, is this true?

Past a certain point it will. However, you have to be running a small pulley.

IMO the biggest gains is where the outlet is moved. That is something you cannot do with the Gen 3. You can port the outlet all day long like a Gen 5, but it wont be in the same spot.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info