Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
i didnt create this to stir up shit as this is a genuine question ive been wondering for awhile now....there seems to be no activity anymore which is a shame cause its just such a stark contrast to when i had my prix....does anyone else feel this way?

honestly, if i can be selfish for a sec...i would love to fill the the roll of ILGPC for the IL grand prix community. i'm trying to include the site in our events but some people seem to just ignore it. i know i know, more grand prixs?? u just gotta understand where myself and quite a few others got their start. the gtp got me into modding and i still want to stay connected w/ the community and if i can be a place where future prix owners can come to, id like to be able to offer it

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
why does everyone hate got3800 so much ? i haven't had a chance to sign up, but what's so terrible?

ill tell you why. It really isnt a big deal, but it seems to get under their skin ;)

im sure i joined ILGPC at the tail end of the fun.. I met alot of the older members and it was a tits car club. That was my homepage FOREVER. Then these kids started joining thinking they knew everything and started shit with older members... (panda vs hale.. lmao. I know FISH remembers this) Im not talking about panda though.

I did a lot of meets. I guess they were pretty good, at least people said that. Then this tool bad got3800 comes and has a meet. It had like 4 people.. lol

I think he said somethine stupid to me like "i am the new meet creator" or something like that. Ever since then.. i have made fun. And thats where the war started.

Honestly s00ls... just stay here.

I feel dirty for saying that

syP

Not Banned
May 24, 2007
Downers Grove, Illinois
I remember that :rofl: I was his myspace friend and he posted a bulletin all pissed off because 4 people came to the meet. I've never been to one, and they all seem like legit guys from what I've seen/talked to on the space and whatnot.

im sure they are all cool in their little clique... but they have a ghey attitude in person..

Its kinda like this..

ye olde ILGPC:

1 member: "I have this this and this done to my car"
2 member: "Awesome.. I really like that, This is what i have done"

New ILGPC (got3800):

1 member: "I have this this and this done to my car"
2 member: "Well i have this and its better (because i know EVERYTHING)"

if that makes any sense.

And mook, sean, panda.. ect... This is why i was soooo confused when that GTP TOOL at streets was hiding his mods and acting gay. No1 ever did that back then.. no one.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
At its peak, it was alot of fun. We always had crazy shit going on. I actually sunk a bit of money into ILGPC by giving John cash a few times, he hosted my old site which went towards funding ILGPC, I donated a Gamecube and the money went to John for the site. That was when the GC, PS2, and Xbox were current gen systems.

It is sad to see it the way it is now. I remember so many cool topics, members, events. Anyone that went to a LP (Brian, the guy that did the WBS ICs) event at his shop had a blast and probably stands out. Even at national events, IL was known to have the most members next to the home state that was hosting the event. Shit, Pontiac Nationals 03, IL had the most members there.

group2.jpg

I will miss it, but times change.

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
I really miss CGPC...

and I was trying to get the feel for ILGPC back in the day...

but then there was an infamous incident where I took Hale's ragging the wrong way... then Scott and Gus came and installed a replacement alternator... After I posted thanks on CGPC about it, ILGPC called for my bannage because they thought I was trying to start shit...

a few months later, I joined back up using my current handle... and when I tried to make a return recently, it was already dead...

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
I think this place is the best chance. I tried the Pontiac club and got basically zero interest other than a few people who were on board to start the idea...

TCG seems solid, but it is having its growing pains, just like CGPC and ILGPC did and it is all how they are handled that will decided how the club grows...

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I joined back in 2002 when I bought my first GTP. I poked around, posted and got some help here and there but never made it out to a meet. I then went away to school and lost touch with the club. I lurked for a while afterwards but never saw too much that interested me so I didn't post.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info