3800 another funny clubgp thread!

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
welll this sucks.

You are banned from this web site

We show that your Internet address has been banned from this website for abuse.
This may not be your fault personally, but the actions of others within your home, business, organization, or ISP. Contact your support personal.
Are you an AOL user? Contact AOL Support and tell them to deal with their abusive users.
Technical Information (for support personnel ONLY)
  • More information:

(this happens like once every 6 months to me... and i email napuran and then it works again... i can still look at my pms and pm people but i cant see any threads.

wtf)

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
:picard:

look at all the noobs. once ZZP came out with the "mods to drop safely" list everyone took it like it came from God. i wonder why they would make a list that says you need $600 headers, $300 rockers, and $100 PCM (all hot linked to products on their website) in order to drop to a 3.4 without chunking pistons left and right. :jerkit:

i ran a 3.4 with an intake, manifold that i ported in my garage, and a downpipe and saw just under 1* of KR. i then decided i would kill that KR by getting an aftermarket PCM. that "KR reducing" mod actually created more knock..

threads like that make me want to punch babies.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
:picard:

look at all the noobs. once ZZP came out with the "mods to drop safely" list everyone took it like it came from God. i wonder why they would make a list that says you need $600 headers, $300 rockers, and $100 PCM (all hot linked to products on their website) in order to drop to a 3.4 without chunking pistons left and right. :jerkit:

i ran a 3.4 with an intake, manifold that i ported in my garage, and a downpipe and saw just under 1* of KR. i then decided i would kill that KR by getting an aftermarket PCM. that "KR reducing" mod actually created more knock..

:werd:

DanJ

>
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 25, 2007
Aurora
I am actually surprised you could run a 3.3 on that setup as i see blips of 0.2 to 0.5 with a similar setup and a 3.4. Then again there are L67's running around with 4-6 degrees of KR and they think it's fine.

Last edited:

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008

I'll be willing to bet it added knock because it was commanding more than stock timing, which is why all these people say its "ok" to run a 3.4 with no supporting mods. Yea it'll work, you WILL get kr maybe, .4 or 15 who knows, every car is different. However, you'll never be able to run more than stock timing, and as we all know, timing is what makes all the power, not the pulley. I would love to see what a stock 3.8 car vs one with just a 3.4 as its only mod, who would win?

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
you know if i posted running a 3.4 with only a DP i would be swarmed by n00bs saying "have fun with chunked pistons you retard" or something of that nature. 99% of them dont know what the hell they are talking about, and should not be touching their car.

Well the majority of gp's don't respond very well to 3.4's, some will pull quite a bit of timing. We were all newbs at one point, we all know what its like. I used to get 9* when i had my 3.4 and intake, dp, as my only mods. Some will run a 3.4 all day long with intake and dp, it's just luck of the draw. I was lucky, however i didn't chunk a piston, thank god! I will be getting a stock gtp soon, i am going to run it in its stock form and see what i can get out of it. Then i'm going to hptuner it, and get all i can out of a stock gtp lol, maybe i can get high 13's...:dunno: who knows, they are all different lol.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
JK
:rofl: brain damage...at least i dont see any turrets outbursts in this thread.

i dont know why people freak out about only running a pulley. before i knew better i had a 3.3 press on pulley, homemade CAI, 104 plugs, 3" downpipe without a u-bend and a dhp pcm. i ran 14.2@101mph. a while after that i put on a 3.4 with an intense pcm and was running [email protected] i put in the s1x cam and ran 13.4@104mph.

:dunno:

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
I am actually surprised you could run a 3.3 on that setup as i see blips of 0.2 to 0.5 with a similar setup and a 3.4. Then again there are L67's running around with 4-6 degrees of KR and they think it's fine.

Well, I know I was seeing KR with the 3.4 only, for sure, as well as with the Intense PCM. Once I did the exhaust mods, I would get blips every now and again (even had the knock module problem) and on hot days, but I also wouldnt beat the snot out of the car in 90+* weather.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info