3800 Chalk up another "happy" GP projector customer

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
I want to get the newegg ones and snag an extra set of stock headlight brackets to see if I can get those to fit right... then I am going to get the Optilux Angel Eyes again...

Regardless of the issues, I do want to convert to 5000K HID, and I still am not sure if I want to go with Black Headlights w/ clear corners or go with the projectors...

Either one coupled with a set of the good, original carbon fiber Alteezas, will do quite a bit for looks, though, I still might keep my stock tails, apply some coats of niteshades, and switch to LEDs.

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
I cant see the pic you posted. :(

If I were to get a set of altezzas and not niteshade them, it would be the carbon fiber ones. The chrome ones are horrible.

you talking about the SE post? I was talking about the projectors... and I edited post to reflect that fact...

It was a silvermist one, and I think it had the ugly duckling nose, but I could be wrong...

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
lol @ "This IS ClubGP"

I loled as well, but come on. I do believe that installing headlights wrong is impossible for anyone cept the female species to do. Seriously.

Rebel, I thought you posted a pic for some reason. I get thrown off when someone posts and I cant see pics. Plus the fact you silly pregen owners buy your way into 97-03 models, but only stick to Special Editions, and 40th anniversary editions. So when I see you or raregmfan say SE, I think Special Edition. I didnt know you meant the actual SE. :roflpicard:

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
...Rebel, I thought you posted a pic for some reason. I get thrown off when someone posts and I cant see pics. Plus the fact you silly pregen owners buy your way into 97-03 models, but only stick to Special Editions, and 40th anniversary editions. So when I see you or raregmfan say SE, I think Special Edition. I didnt know you meant the actual SE. :roflpicard:

yeah, yeah... sorry...

Oh, and I didn't know I fit the stereotype until I read that RareGMFan had gotten his 01 Special...

I guess it is along the lines that we had to deal with everybody having a 2nd gen while we had a 1st gen, so we feel more "special" if we get a Daytona, Special, or 40th... Hell, if I really wanted to feel special, I would have tried to go after a retired pace car like Scott's...

Oh, and is it me or does the wing on the 03 special look :greddy2:? The fogs are nice, but that wing... :puke:

Last edited:

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I admit they don't fit great, but the stockers fit like shit too. I had to mod mine and add some material underneath to prevent shaking, but I'm happy with them. See sig. Don't knock em unless you've tried them yourself.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I admit they don't fit great, but the stockers fit like shit too. I had to mod mine and add some material underneath to prevent shaking, but I'm happy with them. See sig. Don't knock em unless you've tried them yourself.

Stock fits nowhere near that bad. Ive never seen a stock set of headlights leave that much of a gap.

For the amount you pay for these, you can make your own retrofit projectors out of better fitting stock lens.

RebelGTP

Coyote Bus Lines
Jul 16, 2008
Rockford
Does he still have that pace car?? I know he got into an accident in his 98 and it got totalled.

I talked to him a few weeks ago, and I think he said they have the retired MIS pace car with the strobes still... I know about the '98... I saw the thread on CGPC before it shut down... And the sad thing is, they let me drive it before they even bought that '98... They bought it from Wheels by RT here in Rockford/Cherry Valley...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info