Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
2001_05_1---Letter-E_web.jpg

01Cobra

i think its for a mini cooper but they just got lazy

i hate that style sho. my stepsister had one and i had to do a full tune up on it, what a bitch. if anyone has done it you know what im talking about. on top of that the car was just falling apart. ford quality ftw

Sounds like you got a lemon.

I put 150k on my 97 and just did oil changes and suspension. My dad has 137k on his 98 and just did oil changes and suspension. You can pile miles upon miles on these motors.

As far as doing a tune on it if you know wtf you are doing it is a cake walk. Looks tight in there but not so much after you learn how to take off the intake manifold. And if you are doing a "full tune" on it you will want to take it off and drop some cleaner in it. At that point you have full access to the coils and plugs in the rear.

01Cobra

The 96-99 SHO's spoilers are often referred to as 'skateboards'

and yes, I'd rather have a 92-95 SHO instead ford DD, but for freeway cruising I'd want a 3rd gen 96-99 SHO.

I think the fact that the water pumps,various other sensors, and transmissions go out so easily on the 89-95 sho makes it less of a daily driver and more of a daily fixer. Nice SHO when it is running right though.

My 97 was consistent every day. Turn key and drive. My 93 seemed to have an issue every other week.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info