3800 ZZP is bringing shit to the 3800 market while WBS is..........

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
rickroll.gif

:bowrofl: :bowrofl: :bowrofl:

Saw that in their 13 page twin screw thread.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
wait, the twin screw thread is gone. what did i miss? did the project get cancelled? i dont see it on the front page of their site anymore....

HOLY SHIT!!! It is gone. :rofl: So far all that was ever posted was an outlet to a twin screw. Not nesessarily one for our car. After that, it was Im getting pics. We are waiting. Im getting pics.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
I made a post on CGP to this affect and I'll make an abbreviated version of it here. We're not ZZP. We never claimed to be ZZP and we'll never be ZZP. ZZP is a company of 30 plus employees. WBS is a company of me and another guy answering emails.

This means that when we want to bring a product to market I am the guy that does 99% of the work and that has to fit in with my day to day business operations. The headers fell through because we were having them made in China and the materials were all over the place. Some were mild steel, some were high grade stainless steel, some had horrible welding. It's not something we wanted to put our name on anymore. I could have easily sold a bunch to recoup my costs but what's the point.

The only other items we've "promised" are the control arms and the pulley wrap kit. In an effort to circumvent my past track record of biting off more than I could chew we funneled the pulley wrap kit onto the supercharger company who said that they not only could make it but that they could make it higher quality and for less money than we had estimated each unit would cost. This meant offering a higher quality piece to our customers for less money and it also meant I was completely, 100% removed from the R&D. The OWNER of the company was elated to work with us and laid out a pretty specific timetable of when this could all go down. At first we were steadily updated and then all of the sudden nothing. No emails, no calls, no responses to my emails. I've heard from him a few times since but it's been very vague.

Now with all of this in mind we are the last company, sans ZZP, to continue to offer new products for this market. While we might not have had as much success as expected with some of our bigger projects, we have had tremendous success with some of our other projects. Among them is coming out with new and innovative brake kits, a drop-in fuel pump that eliminates the need to cut and splice your old unit out (and subsequently back in), among other things. We continue to do R&D on several different projects and they're not going to be mentioned because much like the ZZP coming soon page, we understand that in this community you're damned if you try and then fail... There's no praise for making any attempts here.

I understand some haven't gone according to plan and if you want to hang the 2 person company for trying, and sometimes failing, then that's going to have to be the decision you make. Just keep that attitude in mind 5 years from now when the prices on everything are through the roof.

And BTW fish, the picture clearly shows an L67 adapter plate on the supercharger. It was made. I'll be damned if the project doesn't get finished, even if it is done from my personal cash. Either that or I'll have an apology for absolutely being left out to dry by this company after they so clearly emphasized how great they were at communicating.

That's about all I have to say on that guys... Not so abbreviated I guess. :)

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Actually, all I saw was a piece of aluminum something, and the outlet. Its been about 4 months since I actually saw it and I cant see it anymore to tell you.

Bottom line, you need more help. I offered it in the past (like yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeears ago) and you didnt take it. :dunno: Its your shit. Run it the way you want.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Mike I wish you would post here more often. Seems you only post when wbodystore is involved or talked about.
It's not that I hold any ill will towards this forum. It's just that I don't have enough time as it is to participate fully in the forums I'm already a member of. I wouldn't have known about this had someone not forwarded me the link, which is typically the case when something about me is posted and why it might appear that I'm only coming here to respond to things.

Actually, all I saw was a piece of aluminum something, and the outlet. Its been about 4 months since I actually saw it and I cant see it anymore to tell you.
Actually it was 7 weeks ago and it was an L67 adapter. You can see two of the "legs" that come off the pattern in the top of the picture. Nonetheless, just because you don't remember what you saw doesn't make it any less an m90 bolt pattern.

Bottom line, you need more help. I offered it in the past (like yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeears ago) and you didnt take it. Its your shit. Run it the way you want.
You've vocally acknowledged over the years that you like to start shit just for spite. What in the world would I have used you for then let alone now? Pissing people off? I'm quite capable of that on my own! :)

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Fish, we are friends so I can say this.

I don't disagree with Mike, you throw him under the bus in a moment's notice, at least Miller didn't do it in public setting? And yes I know it got out later, but still. (And no I don't understand why he brought Miller in, I don't think Mike even knows why he did it, must have been drunk?)

Mike has always been good to me, my friends, and people that have bought from him. So yes if you need to say I am a W-Body Store leg humper go right ahead. For the record I have one part on my car from his store and in my history have bought only that one part, and none have been received for free.

Just because he isn't doing anything earth shattering in the community right now is his choice, just because he chooses not to hire people is his choice. If it isn't broke, why try to fix it? I am not going to say he is perfect, because I agree if I was running his business I would do things differently, but then again, I know for a fact I could not run it. I don't have the knowledge, background, or etc to do that.

So instead of arm chair quarterbacking his business endeavors why not just treat them like any other company? Buy what they have, ask for products, and hope they make it...

I just don't get why people roast vendors for not producing something. They try and sometimes fail, that is R&D. Go back to roasting Shitense, they did something legitimately wrong, they sold bad parts.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Im glad he supplied you and your friends with parts. I didnt get quiet the welcome or help you did and I dont even care to bring it back up. Its so old that its probably not even worth it to be mad at him. However, I fucking hate how he has a double standard for me. Hence me throwing HIM under the bus.

Im not even gonna retype anything about talking to him for a tranny or anything else. Im done.

In closing, if you want WBS parts, go here or here. Ill continue shopping here and deal with zooomers shitty attitude if/when it comes up and good working parts.

*edit* I would have thrown a ron vogel racing site in there, but he doesnt have one :hs:

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Help? What help, my friends are car friends we both know, don't make it sound like we are getting handouts or freebies. We had the same opportunity with Mike, I don't provide him with anything special. You have much more knowledge to provide him than I do as you actually race your car, you will buy more parts, etc... The only difference is perhaps that Mike and I occasionally hang out socially, stuff I have invited you to as well, you two just haven't been at the same event in a while. Additionally, Mike has never helped me with a car problem, part problem or etc. I have never needed it, but I know if I did have a question I would get help because his customer service is the best, hence why he hired an email guy. Like you said ZZP is a PITA and I have had a bad experience with them, but I would still shop there because they do have parts that are awesome and what the community needs. I would prefer to support good service and a local business first, but ultimately you need to shop at multiple vendors because no one vendor will probably ever have everything youw ant. What each person does is up to them in the end.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info