3800 This just in... zzp finally makes good on 3800 community needs...

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
They look good. I've always wanted to see a dyno comparison of the header options. I'm surprised no one has done that. Maybe this will spark a comparison.

They dynoed a car with paceshitters and a their headers. Alot of people, including some ZZP staff, said it was a fluke. But they made 3 pulls with nothing else done cept wires IIRC and it was a 19 HP gain. I dont see wires creating 19 HP. However, from what Ive seen of paceshitters, Im 50/50.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
They dynoed a car with paceshitters and a their headers. Alot of people, including some ZZP staff, said it was a fluke. But they made 3 pulls with nothing else done cept wires IIRC and it was a 19 HP gain. I dont see wires creating 19 HP. However, from what Ive seen of paceshitters, Im 50/50.

Do you have that thread somewhere? Or was it published on the site?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
found it:

Zooomer said:
Update, we just took off a set of pacesetters on a larger supercharged build and installed our headers. We did 12 pulls trying to make more than 340WHP and couldn't get any higher. We changed to our headers and made 359 on the first pull. Now Tim, Matt and I are arguing. Tim and I are saying it's impossible to gain that much since both headers have the same size piping. Matt is pretty insistent that his dynoing is accurate and he did 12 baseline pulls. He's about to do some more testing but what we would like is to upgrade someone else from TOGs or pacesetters to our headers and see. We would pay for before and after dyno time and the labor to swap the headers. You would have to pay the difference in value of the headers which would depend on what you had, age, condition, etc. Email me if you are interested and I'll post more about our internal debate as Matt continues to dyno and look for ways that we may have errored. I'd love to brag about high HP headers but 19WHP just doesn't seem possible

Zooomer said:
After further testing we ended up with a 20WHP average gain. We had only changed the plugs and headers. We then went back to the old, used stock wires and lost about 4WHP of the 20 we had gained leaving 16 for the headers. We also retested the dyno with our calibration vehicle and it was spot on.

ZZP-header-compare-to-paces.jpg

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
wow.

so many dolllas tho. granted cheaper than togs... but still. those are badass looking.

They are expensive, but you have 3 choices. Paceshitters that are cheaper and there is a reason for that, SLPs, which were good cept the damn flex pipe and getting the rear header in while installing, or these. SLPs and these are the same price, but you have to pay for the install kit for SLPs. I am willing to bet these are the best on the market.

Ohh, I forgot about the 3800performance "tog" style headers which according to ydtrack are the best thing since the LS1 since Jesus did touch both. However, after installing a set of Togs, Ill pass.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Just would like to see a comparison to what I have on my car :dunno:

Didnt you get a deal on your togs??

Another thing to take into account. The build they used was a heads, cam, ICed car. I doubt anyone with a 3.4 pulley would see that much of a difference between paceshitters and ZZPs. So, Id stick with your TOGs unless something happens to them and you have to replace them.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Didnt you get a deal on your togs??

Another thing to take into account. The build they used was a heads, cam, ICed car. I doubt anyone with a 3.4 pulley would see that much of a difference between paceshitters and ZZPs. So, Id stick with your TOGs unless something happens to them and you have to replace them.

what does it matter what I paid for them, I just want to see a comparison. If I worked at Jewel I would consider taking them off for the better brand if that was the case. :s00ls:

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
what does it matter what I paid for them, I just want to see a comparison. If I worked at Jewel I would consider taking them off for the better brand if that was the case. :s00ls:

If you got them for a deal, and there isnt much gain, why bother?? Especially at your level. The only reason Id buy these is cause I have no headers, and they are a good choice for new.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info