3800 442 has it's front trans again and tomarrow an L67!

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
well i'm about to go to bed now but we got the 93 GP SE's 34mm hollow FE3 swaybar and have ditched the 94 cutty 30mm solid unit, greasable urethane bushings are comming soon. the new swaybar weighs 19lbs less acording to a crappy bath scale with my overloaded ass lol

pics will be comming when i wake up we got the trans in and both trans mounts (the side mount and the 93 GP LQ1 passenger rear trans mount) this should stiffen the drivetrain greatly, PS cooler lines are in (heavy car so we figure the weight's worth it)

eric and i got a good bit of work done to the stainless L32 rails that will be using an aeromotive regulator and 6an stainless weld on bungs in a parralel flow config.

oh and get this about 20 minutes before 420am Al and I called the loop 97.9 and were telling them about what we were doing sober...well sort...in a way anyways told them about the 442 etc then they cut me off at the end when theyt asked me if i had ever kissed a girl....i guess i came off as a bit of a gearhead...but evidently we werent the only one's working on cars in the garage....

i wonder if there's some kind of podcast i can record it? i think i totaly come axcross as a car geek lol

goodnight! may the 442 get nearly done tomarrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
bigsammoe said:
see and u said a all nighter... newbs!

glad to see alot of work is getting done!

dude we were totally ripped man i dont know how we actually got shit done...
pics!
sexybaby1.jpg

polishedsexybaby.jpg

check out that belt wrap and shiney sh!7!!!!
beltwrapandpolishedstainless.jpg

hid the power cables in the unibody boxed section
hiddenpowerwires.jpg

34mm hollow FE3 swaybar ontop-stock cutty 30mm solid on the bottom ~ 19lbs lighter!
34mmhollowFE3ontop-stock30mmsolid.jpg

Al bolting it down, greasable urethane bushings comming soon
Alslackingoff.jpg

trans is in! notice the 95 regal L36 PS lines with cooler loop in front of subframe
transisin1.jpg

here you can see the passenger rear 3.4 DOHC LQ1 trans mount since the LQ1 only uses a drivers side Tq link this keeps the passenger side stiffer and locks it in place nicely
pass-rearLQ13.4dohctransmount.jpg

check out the new BMW ic heat exchanger with integral resevoir with large ice cube opening in the top!
maybe we'll tell ya'll the app once we make sure it fits (it should)
ICHeatexchangrfrombmw.jpg

Eric's one-off custom L32 rails and parts for a parallel flow rail system with fuel flowing in the direction the injectors angle out of the rails...the fuel pump is the 442's but the rest is eric's
ericscustomL32railsandourpump.jpg

gound and desoldered rails
l32railsbrokendown.jpg

eric removing the pressure test schrader to plug front OE xover rail hole
ericatwork.jpg

mockup, flow will be entering from the left on the front rail and from the right on the rear rail
frontrailandpressureschrader.jpg

whats inside an L32 rail, that long thing is the pulsation dampner....since eric will be going to an A1000 pump soon they wont be going in there....
L32endcapandpulsationdampner.jpg

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
engine's in!!!!!!!!!!!

we had to tweak the AC compressor lines a little and drill the threads out of the ears but it fits fine we have to space it out about 1/8th of an inch to line up the pulley with the crank better but it sure beats new AC parts lol

got a couple other things taken care of as well...

pics will come tomarrow but it sure looks sexy in the car....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• Turbocharged400sbc
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list