3800 Why my car looks slammed...

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
I knew about this for awhile, but haven't got around to swapping them yet. The SLP springs I put on the car were brand new, and I never liked them once they were on. After the first year they were already shot...fast-forward to 5 years later; still on the car. Rides like hell, and even with coil pring spacers it still sits too low. I am putting some springs on to replace them this weekend...here's what they look like with the car at rest:
motor015.jpg

motor014.jpg

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Some used GMPP's (Vogtland). Just got the fronts done after I changed out a hub for someone else. Didn't start on it until about 5pm, so it went pretty quick. I'd do the backs today, but I want to head out for a little tonight; so it has to wait until tommorrow.

Nice :bigthumb:

I'm using the vogtlands and really enjoy the ride. I wish the drop was a little more aggressive but I like not having to worry about scraping. They also look good with stock-sized tires and wheels, IMO.

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
What kind are they? Mine are a hard compound and I let them down to 30 even from 34 and the ride is 10X smoother. I just replaced a butt load of suspension parts and the torsion springs. Just the fronts and the ride was harsh with them up but went to normal with them aired down. Just a thought, might work for you as well.

They are a little oversized for the rims, 33 works out perfect. 30 is way too sqiushy.

WhiteDevil

Armed
Jan 5, 2008
Wider you mean?

Might be why it worked for me, I have only 9.5" wide tires and 30" tall.

Have you checked all the other components under there to make sure they wernt effected by the harsh ride? Like I said, I just got done with my front end and its the 4th car ive replaced them on, all started out like yours but usually within a year of changing the coils on em I was under it replacing idler arms and center links, especially when the bumps were hard enough to rip the wheel out of my hand.

It sucks when something breaks at highway speeds.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info