3800 Didn't want to bring this to the "open" forums, but...

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
I got these "like new" subframe bushings from Morad today:
motor013.jpg

Emailed them the pic, and said I wouldn't even put them on Zoomer's car...lol

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
kind of surprising for Ed, im sure he will replace them. maybe quality control has dropped a smidge since he has become so big.

I didn't get home until 9 tonight from work, so I just sent it over. Will probably get a respose back fairly quick. I thought i was getting the reatainers and all, but nada. Looks like the fronts are press-fits, you can't just put in used ones. they probably have to be presed in too. I may just put a big bad heavy metal washer top and bottom...weld them to the frame and be done with it.

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
we had a bad hub from eric at morad
eric got two LCA's and bearings for the Riv, one bearing was damn near new (clean machined steel) the other looked like it came off a 125k 97 (rusty as hell) with a tight spot upon turning it (said it musta been damaged in shipping lol)
ed's making it right though, no big deal... LCA's were perfect.

to bad my lathes not running yet you could turn some solid alum bushings :bigthumb: lol let me know if you need some sheared plate steel if your not caring about weight lol

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
we had a bad hub from eric at morad
eric got two LCA's and bearings for the Riv, one bearing was damn near new (clean machined steel) the other looked like it came off a 125k 97 (rusty as hell) with a tight spot upon turning it (said it musta been damaged in shipping lol)
ed's making it right though, no big deal... LCA's were perfect.

to bad my lathes not running yet you could turn some solid alum bushings :bigthumb: lol let me know if you need some sheared plate steel if your not caring about weight lol

Yeah, Ed got back to me...sending new ones out.
"Hey Ron, its Ed, I will get to the bottom of this today and have them get another set out. That shit is disgusting. Not sure WTF is going on here, but I am pissed you got something like that. A new set will ship today. Sorry bud. Erik will be getting an earful I can promise you. :/"

I actually got these to look into doing aluminum. Just wanted to replace what's there for now, and use my stockers for a model to copy in aluminum.

Last edited:

Sinister Drag Designs

SinisterDragDesigns.com
Aug 3, 2007
Chicago, IL
very true, but i just read on 3800pro about a guy getting a set of fans from Ed that were cracked and useless. Ed needs to hire some new help i think, not a good thing if quite a few parts are being sent out broken or not the condtion they are said to be in.

Stuff like this will not sit well with people that have never had great previous experience with Ed.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info