3800 3800 guys, have a question

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
capacitors do help alot, plus they level out ur electrical system.

the best buy and circuit city capacitors you are most likely talking about... dont really do too much...

1-2 farads is like jack shit...

theres a company out of marengo, that makes custom subwoofers and amplifiers, and also makes capacitors, but instead of 1-2 farad, 5-50... those make a difference...

and in reply to the OP... on my grand prix... i have a jl 4 channel and a rf 2 channel... and i can run my stereo at 3/4 volume without my car on for about 2 hours.... and it will still start first crank... and i havent done anything that you are going to be doing...

i just have the best yellow top optima you can get for our application... my hids dont flicker... my stereo is loud... and my car is never dead...

and no capacitor...

Last edited:
the best buy and circuit city capacitors you are most likely talking about... dont really do too much...

1-2 farads is like jack shit...

theres a company out of marengo, that makes custom subwoofers and amplifiers, and also makes capacitors, but instead of 1-2 farad, 200-500... those make a difference...

and in reply to the OP... on my grand prix... i have a jl 4 channel and a rf 2 channel... and i can run my stereo at 3/4 volume without my car on for about 2 hours.... and it will still start first crank... and i havent done anything that you are going to be doing...

i just have the best yellow top optima you can get for our application... my hids dont flicker... my stereo is loud... and my car is never dead...

Well nothings died on me yet, but I can tell because when I start my car up my subs will pound really loud, but just progressively get quieter after running the amp for about 10 minutes. I figured I would just try this to see what it does and if it didn't help then I may just need to get some little 12v fans and make an amp rack cause my amp may just get hot too fast. Either way I'm getting rid of the old stock wiring and putting in some bigger wires so it will help with the current flow.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info