Tired of the candle lit headlights

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
Does anyone have some suggestions for hood HID/headlight combos? Id like to switch the stock headlights for a entirely new assembly. Ive seem some nice halos on these cars with HIDs. There is one question I have though. How are HIDs in the winter? Ive hear that sometimes they do not come on or they need to "warm up". Is that always the case?

Ive checked eBay but im not sure which ones to get. Any suggestions are much appreciated!

1998gpgt

TCG Elite Member
Apr 25, 2008
Boulder, CO
HIDs definitely make the stock gp headlights manageable. Both of mine of have them. One has had the same set for 4+ years, the other has had them for 4 months. I've never had any issues. My most recent set was purchased from www.ddmtuning.com along with a relay harness.

And for whatever it's worth, I have a set of 6000k and a set of 4300k. I prefer the 4300k.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Is it something to do with the beam pattern of the housing that makes them bad? I was stuck across an intersection from a GTP with HIDs in the lows and fogs and all I could think was "What a douchebag!" but I think they had higher K bulbs, shit was TOO bright, light was scattered everywhere and really friggin blue.

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
HIDs in reflectors = scattered light and doesn't help you to see, just makes you a giant asshole because you blind everyone. HIDs in projectors are a little better but you have to make sure you get the right kind of bulb. IE, the filament is vertical as opposed to horizontal when it's in the housing. Retrofit is the hardest to do but they're the best because they're projectors so you get the best illumination and they have a cutoff so you don't blind everyone.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Fucktard here too then.
In my defense I do have tinted headlights which cuts down on the light scatter and intensity, they're a 5K bulb which is white, they're only 35 watt and they're not pointed at opposite traffic or even up that high. I can safely say that I have HIDs but I'm not that douchewagon that thinks its cool to have blindingly bright headlights, that actually pisses me off so there's no way I'd do it to my vehicle.

RICH17

Dr. Pussy Slayer, MD
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2008
The 007
Real Name
Adam Rich
I liked my HID's except I bought the cheap ones and the ballasts blew up, twice, literally. I had them in the stock housings and the lighting output was way better than stock 9006's. Now Im running 100watt streetglow junk and I see no difference in light output but definately notice that they draw alot more power. Im planing on ordering a set of DDMs soon but right now my money is focused on getting her ready for the track

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info