gauge cluster mileage transfer

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
i know people do this, but off hand i only know of one.

http://www.bbengineer.com/cars/impala/store.htm

anyone else that's closer?

have a few bulbs out on the whole left half of my gauge cluster. found a clean 03-05 LS Sport cluster in a junkyard a few months back and just remembered about it. The gauges all work to spec with my car and the lights all work, speeds are proper, et cetera. Mileage is way off though and that bothers me.

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
Exactly why I went to a junk yard and bought the cluster for $30, it ends up being cheaper than having an LED conversion done or having someone repair the actual cluster in the end long as the transfer is under $100.

I also will end up gaining two gauges.. oil pressure and a volt meter.

318687_10150302116696674_544541673_8361209_1523791001_n.jpg

Looks a little better , too.. that was from when I test fitted it. There's a 30k-mile difference. It's enough to bother me.

This is what my current looks like minus the faggy lights.

ClusterLightingLEDMulti.jpg

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
you CAN just swap the odo module on alot of GM's but since you have a different cluster it may not be the same.

also you will have to repin the harness and buy the 40$ oil pressure sending unit for that gauge to function

either pay the $ to have someone asuage the nagging voice in your head over a less than 5% odo difference.

or try to swap the module yourself, with its possible result of leaving you with two broken clusters or not being physically interchangable and having to reassemble sans odo swap.

or just swap it in and spend the $ to get the additional gauge functions to work.

or do an odometer disclosure

pick one

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info