School me on this trans issue...

firemandan1700

Bite my shiny metal ass
Apr 6, 2008
LaSalle County
So I fix the CV axle and no sooner than week or so later this happens.

The car has been shifting fine upto yesterday. As I was coming home and came to a stop sign and stopped as I when to accelerate it was like the trans shifted itself into neutral. But then grabbed its gear and I went on my way.

So when I got home I check fluids and it was fine. So I shifted from park to D and it would not grab a gear. The RPMs lowered but nothing happened. I then put it in to 3 with nothing but it would shift in to 2 and 1. It also will shift into reverse.

I am not throwing any DTC/trans codes. The trans has appox 60k on it.

Causes? Possible fixes? :fu:

6literEat'r

TCG Elite Member
Oct 21, 2008
Forward apply band is toast, same thing happened to mine. Pretty much means a full rebuild since the band is last thing to come out from what I was told.

x3..but all i had was reverse, had to call a hook and drag it away :(

said forward band is verrrry deep in the transmission, almost to the point of the differential..NOT recommended to fix yourself if you dont know wtf is goin on in that trans.

btw also, almost willing to bet if you drop your trans pan, you may find a piece of it in the pan. or chillin up on the pipes.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info