Thanks to TG....and Al

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
i finally put together the offboard that i had been collecting parts for and just letting sit around.
Al supplied the newly bricked 04 pcm i turned into the case, and TG loaned me his offboard so we could get the 04 running again....the pcm didnt like less than 12volts :rofl:

found an Intel FLASH chip in the 04 computer...i think im gonna glue it to the outside for shits n giggles
IMG_1492.jpg

and the finished product sans the 97-03 connector i still have to wire in
it is setup to run off a 110 to12v powersupply for my led lights, car batteries or it can plug into the power supply of my new garage desktop

best part is i put in a rectifier so polarity is correct even if someone connects the battery clips wrong
i go a bit overboard i guess :rofl:
IMG_1504.jpg

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Nice...any chance you can show me the reverse polarity setup for my junk?
i had two rectifires in my "spare parts: electrical: electronic components" filing system. i grabbed the 3 amp one and i have another that i think is 5 or 10 amp, you can get em at radioshack, easy as hell you just have to cut your current powercord and solder it in
while me and jamie are running around tomorrow i see if we go by radioshack and ill pick one up and solder it in your box....
i owe ya that much for the late evening loan

i went ahead and used the old school round pin 12v connector like yours, the wiring harness from my 68 ford parts truck was full of em but instead i chose to use a trailer harness which is the same thing just with two unused terminals. i didnt have the heart to clip a connector off a "minty" spare harness for my 68 :rofl:

I'm coming over, ASAP. lol
you should! ive been gathering stuff to make this damn thing since back when we flashed yours :rofl:

WOW thats bad ass!!!

TG and James tuning FTW
i overbuilt it, recessed led indicators, the power switches are protected by the mosfet heatsink fins, and the 04 connector pigtail clips to the case and forms a sort of a handle
i cant do that with the 97-02 connector so it'll probably just hang off next to the power cord

you could probably throw it on the ground and it'd still work

this has taken me a long time and an evening rescuing Al to finally finish :rofl:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
I know the feeling! Just Bricked my first pcm last week. Thanks to TG as well for wiring schematics to build one. My old offboard isn't anywhere near fancy, just a desktop power supply with harnesses. Props.
the wiring is easy its a buss wire and power and grounds :rofl:
all ya gotta do is run a switch setup to simulate an ignition switch lol

TG had his setup with a 110to12v transformer or direct to battery adaptors, i thought this was pimp, so i had to pimp it out further. the garage desktop is the old computer from the semi so it was modified with an external power supply lead and i just set it up to also plug into the offboard on the 12v power bus
i gotta admit i was lucky too since my led lightsticks are powered by a 12v 110 supply with the exact connector that tg used

i almost wanna pimpout tg's blackbox setup and shove it into a bricked 97-03 "case" but then he'd have a hard time finding it on his shelf amongst all the others :xzbit:

except forget to put vacuum reference on a wastegate... :s00ls:

...and ferget to make sure that trans line hose clamps cant rub through the adjacent cooler line before someone drives an slapped together buick to hunt tundrawookies in michigan :s00ls:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info