what should I do for my budget bad ass build

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I just picked up an 04 grand prix gt with a mint body from a junk yard that runs and drives for 650 bucks, needs breaks and a battery, im thinking the cheepest turbo kit I can find and e85, what is the most minimal crap I should think about doing to the trans to make it last a little bit longer, or shouldi just run it till i break it

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
if the body wasnt mint I prolly would, I would have just let him crush it if it needed body work thats what he was about to do, core it out and crush it it was next in line and his end loader broke down and I saw it sitting there and just could not let him do it lol

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
a picture of the car

grandprix.jpg

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
yeah it has a title, I had my buddy call the dude he picked it up from to see whats wrong with it he said the blower motor went out and it needs front breaks and a battery, it has 275k miles on it and the dude was rich and didnt want the car any more so he junked it, no i dont really want to sell it right now Id like to throw a cam and turbo on it and just play with it I think I can get the whole project done for under 2500 bucks

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
i picked up my last gtp for $800 and it ran perfect. my intentions were also a cheap ass turbo build and have fun...its impossible to go cheap, for me at least. i kept finding good deals that i couldnt pass up on, then i wanted to make it a better build so it would last. my plan to build a $2500 turbo gtp ended up being more like $6500 (including car, license, parts)

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
I could see that but this car is only going to be used to beat the piss out of, I have other stuff to drive to work and what not, the goal right now is prolly going to be fuel pump injectors and cheap turbo kit and see how long it holds up for lol then just fix what breaks, its not going to be a monster but 350-400 horse would be more than enough for what I want out of this car

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Could just be a policy of theirs.

If a car has over XXX,XXX miles, Just crush it indiscriminately. Wouldn't surprise me, most cars with that kind of mileage are beat.

I know u know alot about junk beaters. But a 8 year old car that runs, drives, and has no damage does not belong in a junk yard. Even with 300,000 miles that car should still bring $3000 minimum.

Most likely highway miles anyway.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I know u know alot about junk beaters. But a 8 year old car that runs, drives, and has no damage does not belong in a junk yard. Even with 300,000 miles that car should still bring $3000 minimum.

Most likely highway miles anyway.

Doesn't matter what it could bring, you work in an office, you know how policies are.

Geeksquad was a great example. People would bring shit in to recycle (Laptops etc), and occasionally it would still be newer/nicer/repairable gear. Didn't matter, we put a screwdriver through it, and shipped it out to the recyclers.

1quick

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 29, 2008
coal city
it was my friends junk yard, his dad would crush a brand new car if someone wanted to dump it off at the yard he dosnt care its a pain in the ass to part out when you can cut the sub frame and drop the motor and trans pull the rims off and crush it, they normally pull a grand in scrap and core money off a car like this and it takes a half hour to core out and crush

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info