Mom's GT, no heat

Chester Copperpot

Unvaxxed Untermensch
TCG Premium
May 7, 2010
Blanco el Norte
So my mom's GPGT isn't blowing hot air. She said the air is warm but with the climate control maxed at 90*, it's definitely not 90*. On top of that, she says she has been driving the car tonight for an hour and the temperature sensor moved just enough to not touch the first notch on the cold side. She drives the car like a decrepit "q-tip" and I've done all the regular maintenance on it and the car is spotless and runs perfect except for that.

I'm thinking either the t-stat is stuck open or the temp sensor is acting weird or broken. Everything is bone stock Panda-junk except the JMB air intake I put on when I had the car back in 09-10.

Figured I'd throw this out here because you bundles of knowledge know more about 3800s than your own anatomy.

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
Girl at my old work at this same issue. The mechanic told her she needed a new PCM/computer and wanted to charge her some stupid amount of money. I :rofl: then proceeded togo with her to the mechanic after work to tell him how cars work.

Id start with a thermostat (its like $5) and easy to replace. Make sure coolant level is OK, bleed the system. Also wouldn't hurt to make sure something like a cooling fan isn't running making the car so it does not warm up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info