Co-worker needs a hand, 00 Park ave Ultra

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Has been having PATS issues for the past few months (Car occasionally won't start, has nothing wrong with it, intermittent issue)

He's internet savvy and has done some research on his own and found lots of complaints, but no good solutions.

Is there any easy/cheap way to just Flash PATS out of the ECU's of these things? Any resources I can/should point him toward?

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
the last PA to have the resistor key was the 1996s, that will have the Passkey III system - There's no real way to bypass it without a whole lot of complicated bullshit.. no chips as it's in the head of the key.

I would venture to say it's likely an ignition switch issue.. maybe faulty or loose wiring within the column. That's where I'd start..

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Joke was already done Fish by KJ, and it looks like an admin deleted it.

the last PA to have the resistor key was the 1996s, that will have the Passkey III system - There's no real way to bypass it without a whole lot of complicated bullshit.. no chips as it's in the head of the key.

I would venture to say it's likely an ignition switch issue.. maybe faulty or loose wiring within the column. That's where I'd start..

Turns out it's dead in the water at the moment, he had said "Passkey 3", and that everywhere he had looked that there was no real way to bypass it without a whole lot of complicated bullshit. Thanks for the tip, I'll pass it along.

Any other input guys? Since it turns out he's dead in the water I'm sure he'd probably happily pay someone to tackle this... He is on the near north side of the city. Evanstonish.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
I saw a 00 ssei stranded prior @ a car meet, very similar situation tried two different set of keys. Something in the ignition tumbler wasn't making contacted and won't start try looking there. You can also find a person with a dph tuner and take out security for starts.

This is what I'm curious about, I don't know the first thing about those tuners, are they a super simple interface? Where could he/should be buy one? etc? Any way to confirm that it can remove the passkey?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info