coolant elbow, tb spacer

jreed

Apr 30, 2010
chi town
well looks like the upper coolant elbow as some coolant leaking from the lim which is kinda strange considering it was replaced less then 6 moths ago. Is there any way to replace that elbow w/out taking other things apart.

Also any one ever have any problems with a tb spacer (zzp) leaking coolant and is there any reason to use 2 gaskets with the spacer

Thanks

I replaced by intake gaskets and made the mistake of not replacing the coolant elbow at the time and it chipped right around the edge and was leaking everywhere.... so I ended up doing a minimal take apart to replace it and I think the only thing I really had to take apart was the engine cover and maybe swing away the alternator.... but you get coolant everywhere no matter what...

Jfrost

TCG Elite Member
Dec 19, 2011
Brookfield
As stated previously, just drain the coolant from the radiator. After that you can loosen the tensioner bracket and pry back on it just enough to separate the coolant elbow from the lower intake.

When I switched to a GenV setup this is how I got the coolant elbow separated from the lower intake before removing the s/c and LIM.

Alacran

GM fanatic
Jan 18, 2009
Chicago
well looks like the upper coolant elbow as some coolant leaking from the lim which is kinda strange considering it was replaced less then 6 moths ago. Is there any way to replace that elbow w/out taking other things apart.

Also any one ever have any problems with a tb spacer (zzp) leaking coolant and is there any reason to use 2 gaskets with the spacer

Thanks

my elbow is leaking too...not sure how to fix it (dorman or GM elbow).

Droptopta69

Hopes and dreams racing
Apr 18, 2010
only use GM! the dorman ones will leak in 6 months guaranteed. gm was back ordered for a while and we had to get something at the shop so we used the dormans on like 5 cars in that month span and 4 out of the 5 wound up leaking in 6 months, knock on wood ive never had a gm one leak out of the seal unless it physically broke after several years

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info