Intake Manifold Gasket... GTP *now with more lulz*

At least that's what he told me 15 mins ago. I asked him if he still wanted to get the LIM repaired and he said that he is done fixing it. He said that the transmission may be gone again and it is in the shop as we speak getting looked at.

I believe it is a 2000 or 2001, red, 2dr, leather, HUD and may have just under 120k miles. I will find out where it's at. He lives in Elgin.

Spidaman?! Holy hell, I haven't seen you since the random gas station out in Ottawa :rofl:

Yeah I had just got done skydiving! It cost way too much $$ to build up the Hemi so I have to get my rocks off some other way.

Also update, found out that my buddies wife took over his car situation and took it upon herself to put it up for sale. From what I know, it's a 2000 red GTP, coupe, has some 17" wheels, interior isn't bad at all from what I remember. Anyways I will get to the point:
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/cto/2755646639.html

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
That ad is filled with SO many red flags, his wife is fail:

Recently my GTP Supercharger's transmission took a turn for the worse. I am selling it because I have already invested into the car.

No, You are selling it because the transmission is going out.

Some normal wear and tear, but with a new/rebuilt transmision and lower intake manifold this baby is back on the road!

Wait, the whole lower intake manifold needs to get replaced (I know what she means, but the way it's written make it appear it's a far worse issue than it really is). How is that "Normal wear and tear" It's pissing coolant and/or happily on it's way to spinning a bearing as the oil fills with coolant.

I've gotten the best out of it, now its time to move on and let someone else enjoy!

Enjoy what? A barely running GTP with a bad trans?

It has MSD wires and has new full pump added. Brand new rack and pinion AND heater core.

So it's falling apart, Got it.

Car has 124,000 miles; barely driven on the street, mannely highway miles.

Ah yes, the classic "all highway miles" statement

Body and interior both in the best shape; leather seats, fully loaded, sunroof, spoiler and automatic everything. heads are sure to turn...YOU HAVE TO SEE FOR YOURSELF. asking $5,000obo.

:bowrofl::bowrofl::bowrofl: @ $5k

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
And another:

Hello,

I spotted your ad for the Pontiac Grand Prix you had forsale. Since the car needs a lower intake manifold and a transmission, I am going to assume your price is a typo, and you are asking $500obo for the car.

Let me know what a good time for me to take a look at the car would be so I can bring a trailer down to pick it up.

thanks

Das.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info