spark plugs

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
Ok I am retarded.:picard: I pulled out the old ones and guess what? They are TR-6's. I thought I had Autolites in there but I forgot I bought them and exchanged them for the ngks:roflpicard: So I just replaced all the plugs and wires with Tr6s again. I gapped them at 0.55 just like the old ones. I couldn't find my round spark plug gapper thingy so I used a ghetto one I had and it slipped and went about 3/8 under my finger nail and seperated it. That hurt. Life will go on though.
Took it for a test drive around the block and seems to be driving fine, no misfire.
I replaced the wires because I was getting a misfire when it was wet out. Didn't notice any cuts in the wires, but there was rust on my coil packs. I just used a brush to clean the rust off. Hopefully this solves my issue.

Also, how long are these supposed to last? I had this last set in for about 35k

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
Weird. How do you know if you have it?

my car was basically violently misfiring at 4500 rpm+ 10 psi+

from what ive read on cgp... its due to the gnarly velocity in the stock heads due to the turbo and stock cam. that's at least how i understand it.

s/c cars probably won't do it. xsecsomeday was the one who told me to gap my plugs even smaller to make it stop doing it... mine will misfire and pop at idle occasionally... its weird. and also my gas mileage probably suffered quite a bit as well... but fuck it. this is a fucking high performance race car we are talking about.

ThirdgenTa

TCG Elite Member
Mar 17, 2008
Aurora
Do these look bad?
2011-11-15123245.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info