i failed emissions

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Hello all, I need help here and its serious. I changed my oxygen sensor and drove like 30 miles. I went to emissions. My car still fucking cams. I don't know why it does this. It sucks a ton of air in, rpm go really low. No misfire code. The codes that came up are these, 0132,0140,0172. Could it be my maf? I need advice on what to do, if I don't pass Monday they will suspend my plates. The caming is completely random, sometimes it doesn't do it at all. It gets to the point where if you nail it, at full throttle you won't even move, all it does is bog. What can I do??

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Check your tps and maf..... By camming do you mean surging?

YES, it sounds like I have a huge cam in it. Here is the thing, I started the car this morning, it had ice all over car so I knew it would do it. The car right after I started doing it tried to die. I had to scoot down the street where no one lives and keep rpm at 1500, then after it warmed up it drove fine. My light came on again, anyone know what those codes mean? I looked it up in the tuner, but what do they really mean??

Panda, what should my trims be? It cant be a vaccume leak because it does not do it all the time, only when it is cold out. Also, If I have a leak at the rear header can this cause that to happen??

S

Soulonfire11

still sounds like an upstream o2 sensor. if you have a scanner that can data log look and see if the o2 is giving you the right voltage.

I had a similar problem when I tried using a universal o2. The car would search for idle and die until the car was warmed up.

First code is upstream o2 sensor code second is a downstream o2 code and last is a rich code. Check fuel pressure regulator. Pull vac line off and see if its wet with fuel. Had a prob with them leaking fuel into the engine after sitting for awhile. MAF could also b dirty. If ya have tamper proof torx you can remove it and see if there is a buildup between the wires.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
now this is what I'm talking about, thank you for the insight I will look into this thoroughly . I went to missions again in my car failed . Said it rejected to test . then right after that my check engine light went on . I just cannot win . if I have a exhaust leak at my rear header can that cause this to do that ?I just replaced the upstream o 2 should I replace the bottom 1 ? also I thought my bottom 02 didn't report ? is there anyone that can possibly help me find a vacuum leak ? oh and get this I took my car to pontiac in crystal lake , they said they would not look at it. they said it was too modified. and ron vogel does not answer the phone or messages so I think Im at a loss

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Yes a bad exhaust leak before the O2 sensor can make your car run like crap and throw codes. Please list all your major mods. I though you had a S1X or XP cam? Have someone with a tuner set the codes to non-reporting, Fix the exhaust leak, check all your fuses. ect.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
If it was rejected its cause the readiness monitors had not run yet. If you recently cleared codes it has to run these monitors before you can test it.

I cleared the codes abd put about 50 miles on it. The problem is at 36 miles the light comes on. Its like clock work!

My mods are

1.8 Roller Rockers
Pace setter headers
42.5 lbs injectors
Full size stage 3 ic from ZZP
Stage 4 Supercharger
Comp Cams Push Rods
Magnaflo Exhause
DHP PCM
Cold Air intake
North * TB
Modded fuel Rails
80 lbs Valve springs ( I think, they are the yellow ones )
Tuned by Ron V
Hydraulic Lifters
and a few more but I cant remember. I would have to bring out my book of mods.

ALSO, I remember in the days of ILGPC some members told me there was a tool that you bolt on the dog bones and it like a A tool. It pulls your motor forward so you can get to the back garkets. Anyone know anything about it??

So my plater are now suspended so im not in that big of a hury now, but I do want it fixed and im willing to do whatever so let me know guys, Thanks.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Hello again guys. The time has came.I need to ask someones help with my Grand prix. I have changed the spark plugs, put new coils on it, new wires. I replaced a hose that was leaking but it did not fix the leak. My plates are suspended, and the car cant move. When I put the new coils on instead of dieing the car now shoots to 1000 rpm and runs fine until it settles again. I need to pass emissions by april or I have to sell my car. I really need someones help to get this thing running. I will pay someone for gas to come take a look. Anyone on here willing to help me out. I need to get this done ASAP!

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
The actual code would be really helpful.

I got them from advanced. Anyone know the gap size?

Anyways, I put the new wires on, no change. As soon as the car stabilizes in rpm after start it tried to die, then the intake sucks air in like crazy. I scanned and got two codes. 403 and 405. Something about gas circulating and egr valve position sensor. Any ideas?? Guess shes not going to make it to Lukes tonight

Link

http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=53047

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info