TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 9, 2007
Shitcago
208x228_AC-Transit-Gangsta-I-LEAKIN.jpg

slowchevy

eat ass drive fast
Sep 10, 2007
Here's how the 00-05 Impala is, and it's still a W-body so I'm guessing fairly the same.

Rear left

dsc01489j.jpg

Rear right

dsc01492lv.jpg

There are four drains. One at each corner, and they're fed directly from the under tray of the sunroof assembly through four black hoses and out of the body at the respective corner. Here are three of them in view.

If your car is still under warranty, I'd take it back to the dealer..if not, drop the headliner and take a look. It isn't too difficult. Remove the overhead consoles, sun visors and oh shit handles and a/b/c pillar trim and it pops out.. at least in mine.

It really is totally possible that it's a clogged line and it's just backing up.. A quick spray with a blow gun from an air compressor will clear it right out.

I would also remove the glass (6 screws, 3 on either side) and check to make sure the tracks are greased up and free of foliage and other foreign objects while you're in there. When you go to reinstall the glass you will need someone inside the car pushing up or in certain directions and tightening, and someone outside spotting to align the glass properly.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Spraying the hose is going to get it nice and wet in the car again, I do not want to do that. My headliner tray looks a little different but I bet there are four hoses. I have a black car so black hoses do not stick out. I am going to see if I can find it.

Thanks,

John

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Do not remove the glass, the 6 small torx screw have loctite on them so they are a bitch
You should only have to drop the drivers side so.......
Remove the sunroof trim ring, it just slips over the edge of the headliner
Remove the A, B and C pillar covers, just pull. The B pill you have to remove the top seat belt bolt first
Remove door opening weather strips on the top, no need to remove complete.
Remove drivers side sun visor and clip
Remove map light over rear door, take a small flat blade screw driver and gently pry off the covers on each end to expose the screws.
Remove the map light in the front, small flat blade screw driver and gently pry off the clear lens, should be a screw under that.

That should get your head liner to drop down on the driver side to take a look at the drain tubes. The tubes run off each corner of the sun roof assembly and run down the inside of both A pillar and C pillars.

EmersonHart13

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jul 18, 2007
Fixed this last night, finally. Only thing to add to Smug's direction is a screw at the top of the c-pillar. That is because I have side air bags.

I found some crud built up in the front gutter that prevented the drain from working. Over 90 percent of the water drains out the front so you need those to be clean. Everything appears to be draining well now, just need everything to dry out then I can clean it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info