This 3800 seems like a steal

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
Lol yah I guess so. Not to mention he's beat the crap out of it. Tore up the slicks and broke the trans....which was all redone before he got it. No heater in the winter sucks lol...I gave him the evaporator case but I wasn't about to reinstall it. Car was very street friendly but not a great year round driver.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
he says the shop said the chain broke....the chain literally had like 200 miles on it when he got it, i find it hard to believe it broke. I never even pushed the car on high boost...it was ~400whp when he got it.

he beat the crap out of it though. he told me when he was buying it he couldnt wait to street race it. LOL @ street racing a turbo FWD 3800

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
why do ya think that 10sec's old blue car blew a perfectly good turbo a couple months after the guy in GA bought it? the new owners go from a 14 second car to an 11 second car... BEAT TO HELL as soon as they got the keys

i beat the hell out of my car when i had it and never had an issue, not to mention is was a DD while selling rainbow vacuums so i put about 1000 miles/week on it.:bowrofl:

TurboTJ

Regular
Dec 7, 2011
Yep that sure is the car i bought from phat. Im selling it because i am drained on money after fixing it. Making a car payment and being damn near broke doesnt work well.

About the trans first out my mechanic that did has been working on transmissions for over 30 years and has worked on some genv 3800 built trans. The chain did break and there were numerous small things that he replaced new that were wearing and causing small shavings in the trans. So after putting a brand new chain, gears, valve body, and misc small parts from triple edge the car was still throwing codes for a torque converter solenoid. My mechanic then took the torque converter out and sent it away to be cut open revealing it was totalled. So now it has a new tq as well. As for the 200 miles on the chain i can believe that but my mechainc and what i witnessed and he pointed out the rest was far from fresh.

Dealing with beating it to hell that didnt happen. I had a total of 4 races that i was WOT on the car an Evo, a cobra, nitrous mustang, and an ls1. Yep the slicks are trashed from rubbing on the strut towers and ya i did a nono driving them on the street. I didnt go around trying to ruin it because i knew i didnt have money to fix it thus why im selling it. It is an awesome car nonetheless and phat did a good job with it and its for real.

And for the price of 8000 for a low 11 possibly 10 sec car i think thats damn fair.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info