phatridegt or 10secondsomeday still TUNE??

chevyy1212

Regular
Jul 25, 2011
Kane
who are u and whats done to the car

Lol Im Clayton new around here been on Grandprixforums for a good while and I just got a open cone, PLOG & DP. Gotta keep it simple since I got a little varsity swimmer thats about to turn 3 ya know. You tune too?

I will tune your 3800.

And I am willing to let you tune my 3800 as long Im not popping your tuning cherry. Ill pm you

chevyy1212

Regular
Jul 25, 2011
Kane
id just order a base tune until you do more to the car

Yea Im not going to be going much farther than what I have. I had a 3.5 pulley but didnt put it on to keep shit simple.

Ok sooo heres my 2nd question I was going to get a Overkill PCM but if I need a CASE Learn anyone with a aeroforce wanna help me out for a few bucks on that so I dont get raped by the dealership that has no clue whats going on anyway and thought I wanted it reflashed.

chevyy1212

Regular
Jul 25, 2011
Kane
Honestly at your level... custom tune unless there was insane time into it wouldn't net much more than a tenth or two at best. And that money could be better spent elsewhere.... intercooling is probably the safest and most awesome mod to do. Save for a used one. Throw on a 3.3 or 3.2 and rip it.

If I had the cash I would do headers, rockers and just run a 3.4. I have a kid so my money goes to places I have yet to figure out. Sooo to some this up custom tune is pointless with where Im at. I was going to try to go as high as I could with timing since I was stickin with the stock pulley but Id be more than happy with Overkill.

Anyone wanna help me out with a CASE learn then if it comes down to me needing one then? I hear an an aeroforce and a few minutes will do the trick. Fastkatt already said he would CASE learn it for me but hes FAR. Im just tryin to keep it simple and in my budget.

chevyy1212

Regular
Jul 25, 2011
Kane
Ok soooo Im just going to revise my question completly. Anybody with a aeroforce willing to hook up a CASE learn if I throw them some cash. I already have one person that will which was actually really cool of him to offer before this post but hes a hour and half away so Im just hoping for sumone closer that could help out.

chevyy1212

Regular
Jul 25, 2011
Kane
just buy a box tune from a vendor and quit worrying about it. or just run it as is, there is pratically nothing done and these cars are cheap as fuck. save every penny you can and just turbo

I love my Regal took me awhile to get since I wanted my wife to have the new car for her and my daughter.... I dont have a ton of mods because I dont have a ton of money and I like to have a stash on the side incase sumthing breaks. Thanks for the thought and all but if I coulda went all out on it I would have. I just want it fast enough to yea I will loose 90% of the races but fast enough for sumone to be "was that a buick". So far everyone has been really helpfull in this thread untill...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info