I need someone to fix my car

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
So at this point the car is completely un-driveable, and is dumping fuel so fast when it's running I don't even want to drive it. It's my only car so I need it running the way it should for the winter. It's gotten to the point where if I'm not using the throttle it just dies. Going 30mph down the road, let off the gas pedal to coast, gone. It's also got an increasing amount of white smoke coming from the exhaust. You'll be paid on the spot I just really need the car to run properly. I'm in McHenry, and because of the cars state it would be preferable if you could come to me (and be paid for your gas of course), at least to figure out what's wrong, and then go from there. For more details, see my other thread here.
http://www.thechicagogarage.com/forum/showthread.php?t=54642
If you want/need 3800 parts for any reason I have lots of stock l67 parts and a ported blower that I'd be willing to trade for services as well plus cash.

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
yo. ill be around working on my car this weekend, does your car run and drive at least to get to my house or no?

it really sounds like the maf thing might be the deal..

Yeah I can make it get there, just might die once or twice on the way :rofl:. What should I bring with me? Do you have an extra lq4 we can use for diagnostic purposes or should I try and borrow a car to get out to the city and pick up the other one?

GTwolf

TCG Elite Member
Oct 11, 2009
If you can't figure it out or find anyone my friend is an incredible mechanic and does side work out of his house. You would have to get it to Bartlett. I usually take my car to him when I need something.

Alright thanks I'll keep that in mind. Looks like Bartlett is about an hour out but that's not horrible. As long as the car makes it there. It has good and bad drives. On the way to work today it didn't die once, on the way back (10 minute drive) it died like 3 times. Plus the thing is just destroying gas, I think I used a quarter tank just going halfway across town and back today.

phat_ridegt

TCG Elite Member
Sep 16, 2007
Ottawa
have you done anything to try to fix it besides ask for help?

have you swapped the maf? hell if nothing else go to autozone and buy one, and return it once you know if it is or isn't the problem.

ive never heard of a bad maf causing white smoke...usually white smoke is a sign of an internal coolant leak, or excessive fuel (ie. stuck open injector) although it IS possible the maf is just causing it to dump fuel, but it should stop when you unplug it.

try clearing the maf code and drive it, and see if it re-sets.

ill figure it out if you could get it here, but I can't make the trip to mchenry

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info