Ron Vogel ?

219GTP

Regular
Apr 7, 2010
Ron is a good guy and all but left me in a binde. Wen he did my cam install he used my car to go to work a few times and racked up 6 toll fines on my car that exual to 400 dollars. And now won't answer my calls.So I got those tolls sent to a collection agency. Sucks bad.

219GTP

Regular
Apr 7, 2010
He was tuning my car suposidly after the install. And I don't need an ipass I don't usually go on the
Expressway. He should have stopped and paid the toll. Or paid the ticket the 1st time I showed it too him. Either way this isn't my fault. I just want him to cover it then everything will be ok. For now I'm stuck with a 400 dollar bill.

nemesis

Addict
Aug 28, 2007
chitown
sorry to hear about that guy. i pm'd him bunches of times last year and this year but he never respond back so i just give up. i gave him my modified fuel rails that was made by him which i bought from tommy gloves for $140 few years ago. the hoses have some ripped which i brought with me to pandas all 3800 meet last year of november and asked if he can replaced both the hoses. after not hearing back from him for awhile i pm'd him to send the rail back to me, but he never replied back. im guessing he's busy or just bad time right now. it would be nice if he just pm back and tell me what's up then i'll probably take the lost and tell him it ok and forget about it.

219GTP

Regular
Apr 7, 2010
I know people have ruff times in life and i totoally understand that. but ive called him a 100 times and he wont even bother to answer me. hes a very honest guy and this isnt like him at all not to answer. the I pass isnt the only thing he forgot about lol. my car is still sitting there with no motor in it and nothing has been done about it since april. ive had enough thats why i posted this maybe sum1 could tell me if hes ok or sumthin happend to the guy. Like i said before i dont really wana take it to smalls claims court if we can just handle it like men. All i want is an answer.

machausta

Slow VW driver
Sep 18, 2009
Eastern Tennessee
I have a friend that works at the tollway authority -- here's how to solve this for just the cost of the tolls themselves:

1. Get an iPass

2. Call up the tollway authority and tell them you just purchased an iPass and explain the situation. Then ask if they can just deduct the tolls from your iPass account

3. If the first person wont help you, get a supervisor. Be nice & courteous and explain the situation and how you don't want to have to take them to court.

4. Get RV to cover the cost of the iPass (what, $30 at Jewel?) and the tolls themselves. If you don't want to keep the iPass then return it to the tollway authority and get refunded.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Yup, a relative went through this as well.

I had an infraction and moved away (Forgot to have ipass in my car that day), never got any notices (even though iPass had my new address on file) because they sent the notices to where the car was registered, not to the iPass account address......

one day it hit my credit report out of the blue, I called on it, told them they were in the wrong and that had I received a notice I would have resolved it. They said "to bad, so sad, oh well" and I just paid the settlement, and disputed it on my credit (got dropped).

You can ask to speak to the supervisors as well, and they tell you the same thing no matter how much you argue with them, they have no control over that settlement crap, they will basically say you can pay the settlement, or deal with the collections company and that's the end of it.

On a side note to the OP, You can harp on Ron all you'd like (not trying to defend anything), but this is still your fault. You let it go on this long without resolving it (they send 4 notices total, 2 warning you before they increase the fine, and 2 before sending it to collections). Your car, Your liable, regardless of whose fault it is.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
My car is still sitting there with no motor in it and nothing has been done about it since april.

Did you pay him for work he hasn't yet completed? Is there a written agreement etc?

I've had enough thats why i posted this maybe sum1 could tell me if hes ok or sumthin happend to the guy. Like i said before i dont really wana take it to smalls claims court if we can just handle it like men. All i want is an answer.

As I said in my other post, your car, your liable, doesn't matter that he was driving, it was your car.... you would loose in small claims unless the toll violation has a clear picture of his face, which I know it will not...

Again, not trying to defend him, Just laying it all out on the table so you understand what you can do, and should have already done to improve this situation.

I had an Ex of mine get a red-light ticket in my ranger forever ago, and I had it thrown out because the picture captured that it was a woman driving, and not me... if it was a male driver I would have had no choice but to pay the ticket honestly...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info