fucking god damn piece of shit motherfuckers at precision

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
:fu:uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

crank pilot is 0.300 longer than OE, wont sit into crank leaving us with 0.315 gap between the mounting pads and the flexplate.
the billet front cover allows for a larger TCClutch but the mounting bosses are fucking retarded
fuckers arent 10x1.50mm thread like OE is, they are 10x1.25mm...and we only have 4.25 threads engagement. bolt bosses are 3/8ths inch deep but he threads stop at a 1/4inch in (didnt fully thread the blind holes all the way)
fuck me, i know most live tooling machining centers have helical interpolation so machining a blind holes threads down to the root shouldnt be a problem...wtf
sooo accounting for flexplate thickness and thread engagement we need 10x1.25mm bolts with a .375 to a MAX of 10mm under head length.

thank fucking god im thorough in my mockups/test fitting cause i woulda been pissed trying to bolt the trans to the motor before finding this shit out.

:fu: god damn setbacks
IMG_1380.jpg

input shaft n shit is still good
IMG_1379.jpg

precision "performance" OEM replacment on left vs precision industries billet
IMG_1377.jpg

here you can see the taller pilot and the short mounting pads.
im setting up my granit surface plate now to see if the pads or the pilot is the issue
IMG_1378.jpg

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
stuff like this makes me not want to take my car any further

Don't do it. I'm glad you didn't get on the turbo bus. It's not that they make the car unreliable, but the amount of TQ they make tears shit apart. I would love to have another Stock+turbo GP, preferably a GT, but anything further is broken all the time. Never had a problem in the red car, still running like a champ problem free, and the owner of the blue car has had to fix 3-4 things already :rofl:

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
its the pilot
the pilot is protruding .315 farther than oe
the mounting feet are .030 shorter than OE
so imma take a godamn angle grinder and cutoff the fucking pilot and then ill take one from the pages of 10sec's dbl roller instalation handbook and just beat the fucker on there and hope everything lines up

This is 10x the size and spins twice as fast, i wouldn't do that. Funny though, after 3 motors and about 20,000miles, that incorrect dbl roller still works.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info