What could this be...

m_dogg

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 23, 2008
Almost positive that my motor is fucked up but wanted to see what the experts have to say. Car was built over a year ago - L26 bottom end with about 35K miles on, basic SC setup, Gen V, modified rockers and other bolt ons. Drove great all that time, no symptoms of mechanical issues, maintained regularly (I am anal when it comes to that). So I left work early to do my front brakes (just did the rear the other day), right before jumping on the freeway I gave it 3/4 throttle and BAM! Literally, sounded like something exploded under the hood. Car shut off immediately and I coasted to the shoulder to inspect what's up. Tried restarting it and it sounded like shit, grinding, rattling, you name it, ran for few seconds and it died. Then it wouldn't start at all, pretty sure it's locked up. No leaks whatsoever, pulled all the plugs out - all looked nice and clean, no bent electrodes, porcelain cracks etc...

Is there anything else I can look at or do you think I need a new motor?

m_dogg

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 23, 2008
Totally don't know what to think or say at this moment...I'm shocked.Not sure if I want to fix that car as much as I love it...Has bunch of good stuff on...not sure if I should sell it as is or just part out. It makes me sad when I think she'd be recycled...

m_dogg

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 23, 2008
There she goes....

Image032.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info