BIN Upload Issues, 2 cars

FastKatt

3800 Tuner
Oct 21, 2007
Cleveland, TN
Real Name
Billy Wheeler
I'm not having luck with my "goto" sounding boards...
Posting on the forums to see who might have an answer or maybe had the same issues...

3 or 4 weekends ago I had an '05 GTP show-up for a tune.
I was able to read the BIN, edit it, but couldn't upload it.
I got the error about not shutting off the car & having to recover...
I was able to recover without bricking the PCM, but couldn't upload my tune...
OSID: 12596630

2 or 3 weekends ago I had a '98 Regal GS stop by for a tune.
I was able to read the BIN, edit it, but couldn't upload it.
The PT software told me it wasn't a supported OSID...
So, it refused to write the BIN...
I didn't think it would read a none supported OSID?
OSID: 9352797

Both cars were stock PCMs
Any thoughts, known issues, or ideas would be a huge help.
Thanks guys!

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
As the 05, I remember some people having problems with aftermarket radios and alarm systems when trying to upload on a 04+ with the CAN bus

The 98... The differing OSID's are normally software differences, with the reference table being in the same "spot" of the file. so PT may be able to read and Edit it due to the similarities. It could probably even write it without issue, the PT program itself probably blocks the unknown OSID's to avoid possible unknown/unexpected issues. I'm just guessing on this though.

FastKatt

3800 Tuner
Oct 21, 2007
Cleveland, TN
Real Name
Billy Wheeler
The 05 gp, did it have a stock radio or aftermarket?
IIRC, it was aftermarket...

As the 05, I remember some people having problems with aftermarket radios and alarm systems when trying to upload on a 04+ with the CAN bus

The 98... The differing OSID's are normally software differences, with the reference table being in the same "spot" of the file. so PT may be able to read and Edit it due to the similarities. It could probably even write it without issue, the PT program itself probably blocks the unknown OSID's to avoid possible unknown/unexpected issues. I'm just guessing on this though.
What was the fix for the aftermarket gear?
As for the OSID, I went to the PT forum, and the file in the "uploads section" had the same OSID...

are you using vista? did you upgrade computers recently?
WinXP Pro, only updates are Windows Updates

Did you drag and drop a "canned" tune that you had on your computer or did you edit the bin file that you read off the car?
Drag & dropped files and edited files manually...
Not a full BIN D&D though.
File from the car's PCM was edited, not just a write from my laptop

On newer vehicles, monte carlos, bonnevilles etc. You should be able to read the bin file, but when you upload the file pull the radio fuze so data transfer doesn't get interrupted. As for the regal just override the file with a supported osid to make changes to the cars pcm.
I never heard about pulling the radio fuse, is this 100% fix, or just a guess? I ask because the car would be coming from about 100miles away...
As for the Regal, I think that OSID is supported... It is in the DL's from the PT website?

Thanks everyone!
Keep 'em coming!

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
Mine bricked (fixable tho) 3 pcms before we realiZed the can bus was trying to communicate with the radio and the aftermarket module was causing the problem. Aslong as the radio is wired correctly pulling the radio fuse ( or if u want to take the dash apart which is easy as hell, go figure ) disconnect the radio and aftermarket chime/onstar module.

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
This information was posted on PAC's website 08/17/04 - - - meaning this is OLD. This can and probably does refer to other (and or newer) units as well.

"Note to customers or customer's installer: When programming or re-flashing a vehicle's Body Control Module (BCM) or Power-train Control Module (PCM), the factory fuse that powers the factory radio harness must be pulled from the vehicle fuse box before performing the reprogramming. Failure to discount power to or remove the new aftermarket radio and it's associated interface adapter OS-2, OS-2 BOSE or C2R-GM24 may cause programming errors and or render the vehicle's computer inoperative.

Current products that need to be removed if the vehicle's computer(s) needs to be programmed are: OS-2 with revision 1.2.11or lower, OS-2BOSE with revision 1.3.11 or lower and C2R-GM24 with revision 1.2.4 or lower.

Note to GM dealership: If this procedure is not done, the BCM, PCM or other computer modules will become PERMANENTLY inoperative when trying to program or re-flash new firmware using the TECH2. Replacing the module will be required, which will result in unnecessary costs to you and the owner of the vehicle."

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info