Flex pipe

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Pacesetters are the worst headers out there, so it could very well be the flex. If it is, i would get a normal flex from somewhere cheap, and have someone else do it. it's a bitch to get those apart. Find a Mexi-shop somewhere, and have it done, should cost no more than $50-$60. Also, if you have a borla exhaust, it's 2.5".

SinisterSHO

Tame Racing Driver
Jul 20, 2007
Flex pipe has a hole in it. Jeff looked at it and was suggesting a whole test pipe and just remove the cat and have someone turn off the code. Since the flex itself is only like 4-5" long, is that typical? I was going to take it to a mexi-shop and see what they could do.

Any downsides to taking the cat out? Does pacesetter make a test pipe I can get thru anyone?

SinisterSHO

Tame Racing Driver
Jul 20, 2007
So the SES light came on today. Guessing the hole in the flex is causing issues with the o2. I need a serious answer. Who can turn off the code if I remove the cat? Is there a pacesetter test pipe? Or will a mexi-exhaust shop have a flex pipe to put in there? I've never seen one that short (thats what she said)

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
It's going to be cheaper to have a shop weld a flex in there than to get a replacement pipe from Pacesetter.

Anyone with a tuner should be able to shut off that code for you. Otherwise just order a PCM with the code turned off. It's one of the standard options on our site.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info