pcv/egr l36 intake manifold questions on a turbo setup

Yaj Yak

Gladys
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Niche score of 2,363
getting around to working on my car again- i am going to an l36 lim/upper combo- i already blocked off the injector holes in the lim, opened up the side coolant passage thing, and now am to the pcv/egr system...

should i pull the stove pipe out? or leave it in and just block it off l67 lim style?

pcv- should i just get epoxy and epoxy over the top of it? or.... how should I block it off? try to thread something into the hole for the pcv and use it as a vacuum port?

halp.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
:wavey: What intake are you ultimately going with? You should just get an m90 blockoff, use stock rails un-cut, and have fun. What's his face douche hole nice guy but douche hole cause i'm jealous, made 587whp on an m90 blockoff. Plenty of power.

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
if your gonna cut em and use rubber hose/braided stainless, use a line cutter to cut em then use it to score a few groves inboard of the cut point to give the hose/clamps some traction
i wonder with some bending whether you could get em to work...m90 case is low n wide, l36/26 is tall n narrow

Annnnnd i would listen to this guy. :nutz:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
im a betta hack :s00ls:
you could unbraze n retube or unbraze and separate the upper horizontal feed lines to give extra height
in reality those aeromotive rails are cheep enough for something a bit more custom though it will require drilling/tapping the untapped L36/26 lim rail boss with the l67 pattern either way.

andy (sleeperLS) has the zzp rails that mount to the VC so i didnt have to mes with the broken off wood screw someone rigged into that boss on his already modified na lim...a fucking wood screw :rofl:

10sec

TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I say :rofl: because it's still just not enough. Personally, i would tell everyone to just run the m90 blockoff. It's easy, simple, vac lines are ready to go, etc. It's just an intake plenum, and if the bottom (the "v" section) is cutout, it's an open area ready to just fuck shit up. Namely, covettes, and dumb shit evo's. Evo's are ghey, everyone should smoke those pieces of shit, even with garbage 3800's.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info