3800 GRAND PRIX GUYS.... get your slot

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I'm going to pick up a set but probably won't get the 8000k HIDs, I'll get my own. Don't really care what they look like, and the beam pattern looks really good on these.

Stock capsules are shit, HID or not.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
Id definatly recommend these. My regal with halogens put out better light then my old GP with HIDs. HIDs on the regal make HIDs on a GP look silly.

I agree the corners could use some redesigning, but if that is the final product, Id suck it up and buy them IMO.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish
I don't have any complaints on my headlights for stock. I could think of many other things to spend $450 on

They are pricey. If we ever goto a meet, Ill let you sit in my car and turn the lights on. I got $5 your initial reaction will be along the lines of holy shit, or damn my lights suck. :rofl:

Im just saying this is probably THE best lighting mod you can buy for a GP.

I could think of many other things to spend $450 on

The group buy is only $350 shipped, it's those greedy ricer ebay companies trying to off them for $450-$500. It may even be the same price everywhere once every vedor has a hold of them :dunno: but I'd dish out $450 to have a concentrated bright beam instead of scatteredlight going all over the fucking place. If you look at the ebay auction for the black headlights though, the color is listed as "JDM Black"...fantastic :squint:

I'd just order the headlights by themselves and not with the HID kit, one reason being is that John himself stated that the HID kit isn't the greatest, and two if you order your own, how are they going to know. It isn't worth risking having expensive headlights not under warranty when you can just hop on ebay right after you order the headlights and buy your own kit without them knowing.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
John from Spyder was also saying that only some of the H1 HIDs work with the projectors while others have bulbs that are too long. Instead of fishing around for the right kit I'd rather just have them ship everything at once and not have to hassle with finding the right kit.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I would just figure out the exact kit they ordered and order it seperatly. When I get the money to drop on these I'm just going to replace the bulbs they come with with Silverstar Ultra's because the Halogen looks bright enough to me, but I still don't think it's worth the risk of not having a warranty.

I was contemplating putting in a set of Silverstars and calling it a day, too. I've got some aftermarket fogs and would get a matching set for those. But then I saw the HIDs in these projectors.

We'll see.

I was contemplating putting in a set of Silverstars and calling it a day, too. I've got some aftermarket fogs and would get a matching set for those. But then I saw the HIDs in these projectors.

We'll see.

Yeah, it does look pretty hot. I just have really bad luck when it comes to consumer electronics and like to have the warranty. All in the same month I've had one of my subs, my head unit, my laptop, and my 360 all fail because of manufacturer defects, and this is why I like to have warranties.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I've driven plenty of cars with projection halogens and projection HIDs, and there is no comparison to my HIDs and black housings; the projectors are better in every regard. It's also a safety concern for me as most of my driving is at night nowadays. With HIDs you can see something as small as a reflective shoe a half mile away. It's a tough call to spend this much money on headlights, but for me it's worth it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info