ABS mod - line lock

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
you could but then youd have codes pop up everytime you used it that youd have to clear out
not to mention i believe the isolations solenoids are conected in a split diagonal configuration...so youd be locking one front and one rear tire

Good luck, IIRC the Late model GM ABS units use bi-directional stepper motors(moves a small amount "step" for each pulse of voltage, polarity determines which direction the moment is), a simple on/off switch will not get you much movement, you will need to either hack the ABS software or make your own soft/hardware setup to run it successfully as a line lock...... Much cheaper, easier, and more reliable to buy a line-lock kit

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Better yet, you don't need to stay in the water box for 20min. Get the tires spinning and get them onto the dry track while they're spinning. They'll be hot enough for a junk 3800 to hook. My last full track pass was a 1.81 60' on QTP's with 42psi and no burnout. Our local tracks do a great job with prep. Although 66 sucks for tech, prices, waiting, and pretty much everything else, it was the best prepped track i've ever been on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info