low trac light randomly comes on?

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
Last year I replaced both front wheel bearing with new Timkin units and I noticed that the left front wheel speed sensor harness has some corrosion inside the plug. I cleaned as much as I could out with a pick and put it together because that is all I had at the time and everything has been fine, this is the body side wire harness. I drove the car about two weeks ago to a cruise night and while turning and braking into parking lots at low speeds I could feel the ABS kick in for a second, then the ABS light came on. I then went back to that connection at the left from wheel bearing and soaked the plug in some battery terminal cleaner to get the corrosion out, it worked and the ABS light went out. Now at very low speeds with the wheel turned and moving very slowly such as pulling out of a parking spot or backing out of the garage and moving forward the low trac light with flash for a second and I can feel the ABS kick in. I am thinking the terminals inside of that plug are shot , or loose, and I just need so solider on a new pigtail on to the harness?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
ahhhh i see your problem now....those are factory optional systems, just delete em and go on yer way :s00ls:

if the pins got corroded enough they may have weak contact points but it isnt that hard to pull the female pins and rebend the tang to grab it tighter...unfortunatly what you describe is more in line with a classic hall effect sensor being weak/dropping out and reading out that one wheel is stopped while still moving. the extra resistance from poor conection wasnt helping but maybe the leads to the b/tcm need to be replaced in entirety
you scan wheel sensor data through the brake control module?
any signs of the out CV tulip rubing the bearing wires?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
Well, after it happens, if i care enough to do it, all i have to do is turn it off and back on, bam, I have ABS. Usually i just leave it alone, cause i can care less. :rofl: It's just a 3800 powered rust bucket.
just wait till you have to deal with the electrical issues the evo will have after 11 years in the rust belt

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info