despretly need a scan

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
i am throwing codes for rear 02. i do not have a tuner

Sooo... you removed the O2 sensors from the stockers... installed the new headers.... reinstalled the O2 sensors, and now get an O2 code... and your car isn't running correctly...... and yet you need someone to scan your car....? Seriously?

I'm not even a GP guy, but if I had to guess you have a problem with the rear O2 sensor.... Inspect the wiring, or replace it... doesn't seem like rocket science.

blakbearddelite

I'm not one of your 'shit-hole' buddies!
TCG Premium
Jun 28, 2007
FL
Sooo... you removed the O2 sensors from the stockers... installed the new headers.... reinstalled the O2 sensors, and now get an O2 code... and your car isn't running correctly...... and yet you need someone to scan your car....? Seriously?

I'm not even a GP guy, but if I had to guess you have a problem with the rear O2 sensor.... Inspect the wiring, or replace it... doesn't seem like rocket science.

Yikes, might as well pick on the guy for his spelling of 'desperately'.

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
If you're going to call someone out for being a dumbass, you should really know wtf you are talking about. :picard:

What kind of headers? I had a pretty nasty leak at the EGR which made my car run like ass for a long time.

:bowrofl:

All of this. I had the same issue with my egr and pacesetters because of that stupid tube. I just removed my egr :rofl:

You just need the rear O2 sensor codes disabled but it won't effect anything with them thrown other then passing emissions.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Rear o2 effects nothing, the RPMs bouncing are due to another problem. Check the EGR, you might have missed that, causing a huge vac leak.

If you're going to call someone out for being a dumbass, you should really know wtf you are talking about. :picard:

When he says 'rear' O2, I assumed he meant the rear bank, but upstream. I know the downstream ones don't do anything. My bad

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
Well you ASSumed something and were mean about it. You're the idiot, not him. This is a 3800 thread anyhow, GTFO.

Its been a long day and I'm having a wisdom tooth torn out in the morning, I apologize, but I am far from an idiot...

That doesn't even make sense.

the rear bank of cylinders... FWD cars with cylinders in a V arrangement typically have a "Front" bank, and a "Rear" Bank of cylinders...... how does that not make sense?

Bob Kazamakis

I’m the f-ing lizard king
TCG Premium
Oct 24, 2007
Denver
Real Name
Joel
Its been a long day and I'm having a wisdom tooth torn out in the morning, I apologize, but I am far from an idiot...

the rear bank of cylinders... FWD cars with cylinders in a V arrangement typically have a "Front" bank, and a "Rear" Bank of cylinders...... how does that not make sense?

Clearly you've never seen a 3800 exhaust configuration. Just go away.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Front o2 is the heated sensor (and the only main sensor) which reads both banks of cylinders. The rear o2 is just the cat efficiency sensor. You're confusing front o2 with front bank o2. The 3800 does not read each bank separately.

If his rear o2 is bad it will have no affect on performance.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info