GTP advice

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Hello guys, I have a serious issue with my car and I think it is beyond me to fix. I did the Full size IC, Injctors North*, and a few other things a while ago. It was all installed and tuned by Ron. When the car is cold, randomly it starts to basically choke. You hear the intake suck air in like crazy and the car tries to die but wont. RPMs bounce around. When you give it gas it goes normal until the gas you gave it runs out. Normally after it warms up it stops doing it. Yesterday I drove it from pingree grove to my house in lake zurich, I used 3.4 gallons of gas, the car was doing it like crazy. Almost feels like misfires but there is not engine light at all. I was thinking it would be the IAC sensor, I know my MAF is new. What do you think it could be?? Also if it is the sensor, since I have the north* I would have to get a north * IAC sensor to replace it with, wouldn’t I ??

Your help is appreciated.
Thanks

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
pull the Vac line of the FPR and look/feel/smell for fuel.... A broken FPR diaphram can cause these issues.

Look for a vac leak, or if you have a scanner look at IAC counts. If they are abnormality low (like 25 or less) then start looking for the leak

If it is catching itself it is very unlikely that the IAC is bad as it is obviously moving to try and stabilize the idle.

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
WHATS UP SYP! I finally drive the car yesterday. First time this year!! ( SAD ) My vacuum holds strong at -20 on the boost gauge but I will connect my tuner and scan to see what the numbers are. Figures as soon as this happens I have to go to emissions! Can you believe that. How was you Syp, how is the G8??

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Doesn't sound like a plug/wire issue. Did you do what Dave said (02bluegt)? Def could be a fuel issue, especially sitting that long..

I have not yet. I will tomorrow. Thats my only day off. But the car drove 42 miles with no problems at all. Its just weird. I wanted to do a tune up anyways. Someone told me the stock plugs are a platinum, but I also remember someone at the dyno telling me to do ngk because they are colder. What do you think? And what happened to ur name? Why is there a X in front of it??

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
Get this guys, I started checking spark plugs and wires last night. My back wire closest to the drivers seat was crisp. I pulled the boot off the plug and I could hear it craking. By the time I got it off the wire snapped in half. Can you believe that. Im guessing it somehow gained slack because it was hitting the exhaust and im pretty sure thats where my misfire is coming from. So now that I need to change them all out, what ones are recomended from TCG?

Xtant12

TCG Elite Member
May 31, 2007
I got them from advanced. Anyone know the gap size?

Anyways, I put the new wires on, no change. As soon as the car stabilizes in rpm after start it tried to die, then the intake sucks air in like crazy. I scanned and got two codes. 403 and 405. Something about gas circulating and egr valve position sensor. Any ideas?? Guess shes not going to make it to Lukes tonight :(

02BlueGT

No Fucks Have Been Given
Feb 21, 2008
Now apearing in Hanover Park
get copper core TR6... not an iridium fan. hold a lot of heat even at colder ranges.

I'm still not sure about this, as the smaller mass of the iridum plug cannot hold the same heat value as the larger copper, I know the density plays a factor, but I'd be willing to bet that any additional temp in the plug is negligible compared to the standard. Sure it will be physically hotter, but does that heat transmit to the air charge in a rate enough to cause or influence KR...... As I've said the iridums had the same or less key on my car

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info