Rockers

04Intimidator

Mar 1, 2011
So I finally saved up money to do my rocker install heres what I got for a list of parts needed

Yella terra 1.8s from Intense
Manley 150# valve springs...would these be overkill just trying to be on the safe side
Viton Valve Seals
Felpro Valve Cover gaskets
Manley Valve Spring Retainers
Comp Cams High Performance Valve Locks
TTY re-usable rocker bolts

Let me know your thoughts on my list and if im missing anything, thanks

jbigalow

Help!
Apr 9, 2008
its not the year of the head its whether all the casting flash has been knocked outta the pushrod area...iirc someone here had an issue with the casting rubbing against the pushrods but i may be thinking about a different forum...

because higher ratio rockers move the pushrod closer to the rocker fulcrum, its sorta hit or miss for whether the high school dropout gets the raw casting cleaned up enough or not

btw even with the 105 crow cams springs yer on borrowed time with the OE timing chain...Al's 04 with vs and 105 crow's lunched the chain and took out both heads and 4 pistons that chain had 37k on the stock cam, 20k on the vs cam and the last ~20k on the VS/105's
i had to tow him back home for 180miles

T400sbc here at jamies lol forgot to resign in

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Everyone running a stock chain on a car that's not stock IMO are on borrowed time. Who wants the feeling of never knowing when the chain will fail? Over a $100 difference...? (if you machine the oil pump cover yourself) IDK, makes sense to chain it IMO.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info