CSC action

There a couple of kits for sale for under $2,000 and this is such a neat idea that I really don't want to pass it up. My biggest obstacle is the MAF with the newer 04+ GP's. Would I need to remove a section of the charge pipe in order to get this to fit properly and which MAF would I need to achieve this? LQ4, LT1? Also, would an A2A or A2W I/C be better for this setup (pretty sure I know the answer to this question but have to ask)? I am also assuming I would need the same upgrades to the valve train that would coincide with a turbo as well. All advice on this is greatly appreciated and I really can't believe my wife said yes to this...:bowrofl: For the record, I would still like a turbo but this is too cool.

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
A2W is by far the easier setup for a CSC car. Be careful. Cheap doesn't indicate good and boost is RPM dependent so you're going to be sacrificing a lot of that low end torque for peak power unless you run a loose converter. The MAF is easy. Just cut out a section of the charge pipe and couple it in.

Personally, I'd pass. There's little experience to go with them now unless you want to continually harass Turbo Tim about a kit you didn't purchase from them. Go for a ride in Mook or KJ's car or I'll meet up with you and give you a ride in my tame setup. A turbo kit can be had used for just as cheap and is (in my opinion) exponentially more fun.

Good info to know and thanks for the replies. What is a realistic turbo kit I can go with an still get in the neighborhood of 400-450 whp? I like the t66/67 turbo kit but for the full upgraded I/C and everything else to go with it, it will cost in the neighborhood of $3,000 so I was guessing a pt-61 would do well with this but would I need to mess with the heads at all or could I leave them as they are?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• R
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list