2002 GTP Condenser removal

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
unplug and remove fan assembly
break line nuts free on condensor and unthread/disconnect them, tape rags around fittings to protect from debris
remove two upper clamps holding radiator into its groove....
lay the radiator towards the motor
from the front push the condensor top towards the rear of the car as you did with the radiator to unwedge it off the upper rubber pucks.
lift condensor out
blow debris out of area in between radiator and condensor
IROR

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
break line nuts free on condensor and unthread/disconnect them, tape rags around fittings to protect from debris
from the front push the condensor top towards the rear of the car as you did with the radiator to unwedge it off the upper rubber pucks.
lift condensor out
IROR

This has pictures too: :s00ls:
http://sm.gpona.com:9001/si/showDoc...skey=772485&from=sm&laborOpCode=&cellId=48239

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
lift condensor out
IROR

:nutz:

I had the advantage of taking the front exhaust manifold off as well. Not needed at all, but was a nice amount of extra room. I can't stress the importance of blowing out the old crap from between the radiator like James said and the actual radiator as well if you can get to it. I think I got a pound of bird feathers out of my radiator when I cleaned the fins.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
My Monte's AC system had chronic problems I don't know if it is the same as a GP but I am assuming so. The condenser didn't appear to be the problem at the time but after looking at it out of the car I wouldn't be suprised if it was leaking. After 3 consecutive summers fixing it I just said screw it and got rid of the AC. Even before I owned the car I knew of AC issues it had, my guess is that it happens frequently

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info