hot chicks - w/vids

OK 3800 guys I have a weird problem.
2001 Impala
Engine=3.8 series 2

It just started this morning. For no reason my Impala stalled. It stalled 4 times within 6 miles. After work same thing 3 more times.

OK so I started thinking about everything that could cause this problem:
Air filter=OK
Fuel filter=replaced today
oil=about 4000 miles aaaaa ok
Spark plugs=originals (120,000) possible
plug wires=MSD 8.5 super conductors at 80,000
injectors=originals, possible

Here is the weird part no codes when the car stalls. I had my scan tool running while I was driving around.

Also it feels sluggish, if I hammer down on it a little it wants to bog down.

I have not finished looking at everything I have listed yet because of my time, I'm just looking for another opinion, or to see if someone has had this problem before. I want to fix it and do it right I just don't want to spend a lot doing it.

Thanks for the input.
Sorry for the misleading title....:)

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2008
Woodsticks, IL
shoulda known better... this being posted in the 3800 section and all... :picard:

reset fuel trims? if your old filter was junk, maybe you're getting too much fuel and running rich? Although I'd lean towards something like 10sec suggested with the MAF. Common issue! They like to foul out.

120,000mi plugs? Change that shit. NOW. NGK TR6. GO.

Euro

GM or Nothing
Oct 22, 2007
Roselle
Real Name
Matt
I-SEE-WHAT-YOU-DID-THERE.jpg

shoulda known better... this being posted in the 3800 section and all... :picard:

reset fuel trims? if your old filter was junk, maybe you're getting too much fuel and running rich? Although I'd lean towards something like 10sec suggested with the MAF. Common issue! They like to foul out.

120,000mi plugs? Change that shit. NOW. NGK TR6. GO.

yea I'm going to have to get some new plugs at lunch tomorrow.

plugs could help, but kills it multiple times??? Sounds like the MAF

no way on the plug wires

lol @ 120k plugs :rofl: thats awesome... <3 3800 engines haha!

I took the MAF out and just looked at it to see if something was stuck in it or anything obvious. Hell I got 120,000 on the MAF and the plugs I might as well get both of these parts at lunch. I got my money's worth right there.

Hey any bets on the spark gap when I get them out?

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
just clean the maf
if it is the maf you can unplg it and run the car and it'll drive pretty close to normal minus some odd shifting since maf factors into many of the load calculations.

if however 10sec tuned that shit and didnt run through any VE tuning then it may start and stall a few times or run rich/leantill it learns and adjusts VE/SD fuel trims

mafs do like to fail suddenly without warning. but plug wires can fail just as suddenly 80k on those msd's and even stockers can be trashed at that point from just moving them/bending them anytime in the last month

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info