GTP shift question

C

CamaroSSpence

I have a 2000 GTP, stock, no mods, about 85k miles. Last week it started shifting funny. Full throttle shifting acts normal, but part throttle shifting is weird. It seems to hunt up and down to find a gear. Normally, when I would turn a corner, it would from first to second, then to third. Then I accelerate and it would drop to fourth, then back to third, and then finally back to second.
Now when I go thru this sequence, instead of just hopping back to 2nd and staying there, it is going to 3rd, then back to 2nd, then back to 3rd.
Also when I am on the highway running about 70ish, it seems to be jumping back to 3rd then to 4th. If I keep it under 65 it stops doing this.
Also the performance shift mode does not seem to have much affect on any of these symptoms.
There is no service or check engine lights on...
This seems like some kind of electrical or control problem, but could it be worse? Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,
Spence

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
if you disconnected the battery/cleared codes recently the pcm was reset and is trying to relearn your driving technique and conditions....it can take up to 300 miles for it to fully relearn how you drive.

or if you let someone else borrow the car and it learned to their more/less aggressive driving and it needs to relearn you (i used to hear this every now and then from parents that let their kids borrow the car :rofl:)

C

CamaroSSpence

I have not disconnected the battery in months and I am pretty much the only driver of this car - its my DD.
I can add one more symptom - This all started after I started using my A/C. I just took it for a ride and its much harder to get the car to become confused with the A/C off. I can still do it, but it is harder. Could this be a transmission shift module inside the tranny?

- lol - when I borrowed cars from my parents, they didnt have computers in them! We had to blow out the carbon by engaging the 4-barrel....otherwise it would get all built up in the intake and heads!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• C
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list