tuning where to start?

my97gtp

Addict
Oct 5, 2008
Columbus Indiana
Real Name
Jay
tuning gods i need some help on where to start with tuning my gtp. I am about as newb as you can get to a powertuner. I have been running my car with a base zzp tune with afc for a few years and now that i have the cam installed and hopefully the a/a intercooler soon i need some advise on where to start. my mods are below any help would be great.

z6 turbo kit 62-1hifi turbo
a/a intercooler
60/65lb injectors
st3 cam
powerlog front, ported angled rear mani
afc for scaling

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Much better, so lets start from scratch. What maf do you have, how much is the AFC already scaled? Does the current tune know the car has 65lb injectors?

What you're going to need is Tommygloves on here to send you a PT file with probably a scaled mid/upper maf portion, little taken off the idle area, and that should be a good start. You said on CGP that your tuner only works half the time? You'll probably want to get the car running on the current file and whatnot, get a scan to Tommy, then he can make the necessary adjustments from home, and send it back for you to start with.

OR you can get a scan, post it here, and we'll tell you what to do. :dunno: Tommy is a super cool guy, so i'm sure he wouldn't mind sending you a file to start with. He definitely knows his way around the PT.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• M
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list