Car was dead this morning. Heated seat got real hot when jumped.

Freebeer187

The Bolt Rounder
Feb 2, 2009
Schaumburg
Out of no where my GP was dead this morning. The car is a daily driver and had been sitting over night. I know that the alternator is weaker, but I do not think that this problem is related. When the car was jumped, the heated seat got realllly hot (it was on the LOW setting). As you may know, when the heated seat is on the low setting, it does not get very hot. It was as hot or even hotter that when the seat is on the HIGH setting. After turning the switch off the heat stopped.

Is it possible that the heated seats could be shorting out and running even when the car is off? Kinda of weird that outa no where the car was drained. I think tmw I will take it and get the battery tested/charged (it is under warranty) and even get a new alternator. What do you think/suggest?

TommyGloves

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 23, 2007
CHICAGO
Real Name
Tom Glover
Kinda makes me glad both of my heated seats are broken.

The SSEi heated seats are the worst. Luckily got them fixed under the extended warranty...for the 3rd time.

Back on topic...like mentioned there should be a fuse for the GTP seat I think is in the glovebox fusebox or connector is under the seat.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info