Once again....guess that noise

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
It is not an engine noise this time! This noise is so random too and that makes it hard to diagnose. The first time I heard this noise I was accelerating and around 20 mph it seriously sounded like a rod knock and scared the shit out of me, but is defiantly not a rod knock. So that is the type of sound I am hearing and it can happen when I accelerate slowly around town, hitting bumps, and shifting into gear. The reason why it makes the noise when I accelerate is because my car is pretty low so I get some drive line vibration that that speed. The noise sounds like it is coming from the left front suspension area. Car has new control arms, and wheel bearings, GMPP Koni struts with about 50K on them, cant find anything making contact where it should not, and car drives totally normal. It sounds like something is banging something and when I accelerate, if the car makes the noise it sounds like a engine rod knock.

And GO!

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
Nope, just under acceleration, made a popping noise, but could sound like a bearing if it was a faster speed. I don't have any vids of it though, unfortunately. You could be in the PANDA/10sec boat and have a cracked flexplate :dunno:

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
HKMagnaflowturbodump.jpg

Turbocharged400sbc

3800 & 4T80E > ALL
TCG Premium
Jun 16, 2007
hangover park IL
ive seen where people will tighten the sway bar end links without weight on the control arms and instead of the bushing shoulders sitting inside the sway bar/LCA hole it sits above it and the end link bolt touches the edge of the holes and makes noise...
no cracks in the unitbody boxes the subframe bolts to? seen that once
is the motor mount horseshoe sitting on top of the front motor mount crossbar?

if ya wanna narrow it down get a couple of them cheepo pen recorders and zip tie em to a couple places and make some noise and see which is loudest when played back

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
I will double check the endlinks because I did install new endlinks when I did control arms and yeah......
Did not see any cracks in the unibody
Motor mount horse shoe in not touching the cradle but I am going to check the oil pan to cradle clearance because I have the aluminum oil pan and that is kind of tight in that area.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info