I went to 41 today........

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
For the past couple of weeks I have been having tuning problems and I was having a hell of a time with fueling at WOT. I would keep running lean, as in 13.5:1 afr at WOT, I was blaming it on the weather changes and not really looking at anything mechanical and kept trying to correct it with the computer via MAF. I would richen the car up and it would see a change then the next day it would be all jacked up again. Toward the end of the track day I could really hear that I had an exhaust leak and my car was running like complete shit and for some reason the bolts that connect my front header to the crossover had backed out and I had a giant exhaust leak. So with a shit afr, exhaust leak, a little bit or KR, completely full weight, 18" rims and street tires, did not even check air pressure or remove the headlight..........

IMG-20110501-00117.jpg

I am happy knowing the car has a lot better times to come with a tire and some weight reduction, if I feel lucky even some E85.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
An E85 thread, I fucking hate this stupid ass guy. :picard:

"I run .035" plug gap with my setup, i get spark blowout with larger than a .038". Thats with 26.5* of timing up top, afr 12.5-12.8, 10:1 compression, and a 2.7 pulley on a Gen V. With my 125 shot, i run the same plug gap but timing is only 20.5, and AFR is about 11.7.

That being said, when i was still on gas I ran the same plug gap. "

smug

Please go back to eating crayons
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2007
Cedar Lake, IN
Real Name
Dan Erickson
An E85 thread, I fucking hate this stupid ass guy. :picard:

"I run .035" plug gap with my setup, i get spark blowout with larger than a .038". Thats with 26.5* of timing up top, afr 12.5-12.8, 10:1 compression, and a 2.7 pulley on a Gen V. With my 125 shot, i run the same plug gap but timing is only 20.5, and AFR is about 11.7.

That being said, when i was still on gas I ran the same plug gap. "

spark blow out eh? I guess my .052 gap a fail?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info